- At Lighthouse Beach, looking at my reflection in a different way. // Corridor Business Journal;2/25/2013, p8
In this article, the author focuses on the need to develop leadership skills in employees so that they can achieve success in their life. He states that people should learn from their past experiences in order to avoid similar consequences and people should develop skills to establish personal...
- Outside The Box. Lohan, Kevin // Training & Development (1839-8561);Apr2014, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p35
In this article, the author offers information on various training modules for the employees of business enterprises to achieve organizational goals. He discusses various topics including "experiential learning", "Tell, Show, Do", and "Nine Events of Instruction" training modules, conference...
- As a Competitive Advantage. Pontefract, Dan // T+D;Sep2012, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p40
The author discusses the development of corporate culture as a competitive business practice at Canadian telecommunications company TELUS. According to the author, experiential learning helps TELUS employees place customers first. Topics include the author's initial meeting with executive vice...
- Pursuing the awesome experience. Daum, Kevin // Smart Business Atlanta;Jan2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses on the right attitude that every employee must possess to enjoy the working environment. Several characteristics that an employee must develop are making an inspiring event that are unforgettable and sharing the knowledge of the experience. He also emphasizes that having an...
- Create challenging experiences. Anderson, Allen C. // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the importance of on-the-job experiences for employees. Learning on individual basis; Problem solving.
- Community service learning methodology and academic growth in secondary school content... Roberts, Linda Pavian; Moon, R. Arden // High School Journal;Feb/Mar97, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p202
Focuses on the academic value of community service learning (CSL) as an instructional methodology in the content disciplines of secondary schools. Meeting of cognitive demands of the high school classroom under study as with another type of project learning experience; Definition of CSL;...
- Lively connections. Rahn, Mikala // Vocational Education Journal;May96, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p33
Focuses on experiential education in the United States. Barriers that stand in the way of a more connected education for students; Time as a major barrier to adequately educate students; Unrealistic demands on educational institutions; Sources of materials for contextual and experiential learning.
- Eggs, figs and experiential learning. Taylor, Kathleen // Contemporary Education;1993, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p150
Focuses on the concept of experiential learning. Analogy using the determination of the gender of eggs and quality of figs; High value placed on terminology by educators; Comparison of college-level learning to experiential learning; Questions about the consistency of educational philosophy.
- Experiential environmental education in Russia: A study in community service learning. Silcox, Harry C. // Phi Delta Kappan;May93, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p706
Discusses the value of community service or experiential learning in transmitting knowledge between cultures. Class of American high school students with their Russian counterpart; Monitor Novgorod's environment; Pre and post-tests correlation between hands-on and knowledge retention; Promotion...