- Barriers ahead to a single currency. Pickard, Jane // People Management;3/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p22
Assesses the national vocational qualifications (NVQ) system. Predictions on the future of NVQ; What did the people who set up the NVQ system expect it to achieve; Several key tensions running through NVQ; Ways on how to enable students wanting vocational qualifications to progress in NVQ. ...
- Overhaul sparks fear for basic NVQ tenets. Pickard, Jane // People Management;03/20/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p11
Discusses the reforms in Great Britain's National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) standards considered by the Department for Education and Employment, National Council for Vocational Qualifications (NCVQ) and Scotvec. Agency who merged with NCVQ in forming the Qualifications and Curriculum...
- Alan plumbs new possibilities. Horne, Suzie // Farmers Weekly;4/21/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 16, p32
The article reports on the decision of arable producer Alan Boyd to work part-time by taking a 20-week intensive plumbing course at the Plumbing Academy in Edenbridge, Kent, England and will allow him to begin trading as a plumber or to find work with an established trader. He plans to work as a...
- A qualifications system that offers wider access. Mackinnon, Iain // People Management;12/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p43
Describes the National Open College Network (NOCN) as a source of accredited vocational learning for those whose training falls outside the National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) framework. Main aim of NOCN; Agency which supports NOCN; Factor that is one of the cornerstones of the open college...
- Qualified success. Browning, Paul // People Management;02/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p59
Looks at institute initiatives in Great Britain to deliver the National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) in recruitment consultancy. Two `cluster' awards which comprised a number of recruitment consultancy units; Two college-based centers to offer NVQ in recruitment consultancy through the...
- Dental nurse NVQ article. Boulton, Stuart // Vital (17417503);Spring2004, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p5
Presents a letter to the editor related National Vocational Qualification in dental care nursing.
- Flexible provision, relevant training. // Works Management;Nov2000, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p44
Describes how National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) work for apprenticeship programs in Great Britain. Basis of the qualifications on an individual's performance at work; Range of workplace skills recognized under the NVQ.
- Thumbs-down for hands-on training. David, Ian // Professional Engineering;09/20/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p53
Examines reasons behind the failure of the General National Vocational Qualifications (GNVQ) program to attract students in Great Britain. Comparison of the quality of GNVQ with that of exam-based A levels; Availability of GNVQ courses; GNVQ qualifications.
- Scheme for at-risk pupils beats targets. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;6/4/2008, p10
The article offers information on Kick, a Key Stage 4 program for young people at risk of being excluded from mainstream schooling in Norwich, England. The program has helped various students to gain foundation level National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) in the 2008 academic year. Moreover,...