Innovate or die
- de Geus. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p2333
A definition of the term "de Geus" is presented. It refers to Arie P. de Geus who is a Dutch business executive, adviser and consultant.
- Arie de Geus. Dearlove, Des // New Zealand Management;Nov2003, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p42
Interviews Arie de Geus, former Shell executive and author of the best seller "The Living Company," on a need to change how people understand companies from profit-making machines to living communities. Reasons for not writing a sequel of his best seller; Description of companies as living...
- Memories of the future. // Across the Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p39
Interviews Arie de Geus, head of Royal/Dutch Shell's Group Planning, and his views on decision making processes in corporations. His statement on decision making as learning process; Geus' definition of `living company;' Characteristics of `living company;' Importance of longevity to being a...
- LEADING THE REVOLUTION GARY HAMEL. Hryniuk, John // Ivey Business Journal;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p36
Interviews Gary Hamel, founder and chairman of Strategos, about corporate management. Implications of electronic commerce for managers and chief executive officers; How a company can stake out a distinct position; How a leader reconciles strategy continuity and change.
- Why technology will never replace people. Tamez, Jose // Supermarket News Exclusive Insight;11/12/2014, p4
The article discusses issues concerning the possibility for technology to replace jobs in a service/people driven business like supermarkets. Topics covered include survey result suggesting that interaction with store employees is important for customers, the opinion of management guru Gary...
- NATURAL LORE. Pickard, Jane // People Management;10/15/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p41
Interviews author Arie de Geus regarding the philosophy of business contained in his book `The Living Company.' Details on business philosophy; Career background of Geus.
- Want change? Look down the corporate ladder. Chapman, Christy // Internal Auditor;Apr96, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p8
Suggests that a hierarchy of imagination is the key to organizational success in the information age. Advice given by Gary Hamel at the 1996 Financial Executives Institute's conference.
- Conference quotes... // Personnel Today;11/2/2004, p4
The article focuses on statement of various professionals in the CIPD's annual conference. Professor Gary Hamel, visiting professor, London Business School, chairman, consultancy Strategos said that most organizations are not getting the passion, creativity and initiative out of their people....
- Tech talk. Wolff, M.F. // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p5
Presents a quotation from Gary Hamel, a London Business School professor while addressing the SRI International symposium on Technology Management Horizons.