- Facts & Figures About Today's Aerospace Forces. // Airman;Jan2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p28
Presents facts and figures about the U.S. Air Force as of January 2002. Regions where the major Air Force bases overseas are located; Breakdown of the budget for fiscal year 2002; Salary figures of the U.S. airmen; Air Force awards and decorations.
- Air Force changes list of specialties eligible for tour bonus program. // Airman;Dec98, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p17
Reports on changes in the United States Air Force's list of specialties eligible for the Overseas Tour Extension Incentive Program at long-tour locations.
- Airman's World. // Airman;Feb2001, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p16
Presents news briefs on the United States Air Force and its airmen as of February 2001. Flight demonstration of Boeing's Joint Strike Fighter X-32A and Lockheed Martin's Joint Strike Fighter X-35A; Recognition given to the Air Force Test Pilot School-tested prototype anti-G uniform by the...
- Airman's Notebook. // Airman;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p48
Relates the experience of an airman during the Operation Iraqi Freedom in Bashur Airfield, Iraq. Excitement in performing his job; Availability of electricity, toilets and running water in the area; Interaction with the people in the area.
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- A view from the top. // Airman;Dec98, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p8
Presents an interview with the United States Air Force Chief of Staff concerning top issues facing the Air Force in the late 1990s. Includes a discussion on wartime readiness; Difference between aerospace expeditionary force and air expeditionary force; Improvement of the quality of life of...
- A New Era Dawns... // Airman;Jan2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, pii
Reflects on the accomplishment of the United States (US) Air Force in the 20th century. Involvement of the US Air Force on several wars; Aircrafts used by the Air Force; Challenges to be faced by the Air Force in the 21st century; Burden of Air Force personnel.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.