- Missile Defense: Knowledge-Based Decision Making Needed to Reduce Risks in Developing Airborne Laser: GAO-02-631. // GAO Reports;7/12/2002, p1
The Air Force launched an acquisition program to develop and produce a revolutionary laser weapon system, known as the Airborne Laser, in 1996. Being developed for installation in a modified Boeing 747 aircraft, it is intended to destroy enemy ballistic missiles almost immediately after their...
- FY 2007 budget released. Gettle, Mitch // Airman;Spring2006, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p46
The article reports on the release of the 2007 fiscal year budget for the Air Force in Washington. The budget is divided into several major areas including personnel, operations, maintenance and infrastructure and modernization. Air Force deputy assistant secretary for budget Frank R. Faykes...
- Air Force To Cut Flying Hours Up To 18 Percent Due To Sequestration. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;3/4/2013, Vol. 257 Issue 42, p8
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Air Force to reduce flying hours by as much as 18 percent due to sequestration-related budget cuts.
- ASMC Visits...The 364th Comptroller Training Flight, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Winter2002, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p23
Provides information on the 2001 U.S. Air Force Financial Management and Comptroller Training in Dallas, Texas. Curriculum of the resident training courses; Computer programs used in financial analysis; Courses on the management of government funds.
- Air Force Warns Sequestration Caps Could Re-Open KC-46 Tanker Contract. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;4/17/2014, p1
The Air Force could be on the hook for increased costs in the KC-46 aerial refueling tanker program if it has to re-open its contractÂ…
- General Discusses Sequestration Impacts. // Signal;Jun2013, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p78
The article discusses highlights of a presentation on impact of sequestration on the U.S. Air Force (USAF), delivered by USAF Brigadier General Thomas Sharpy and hosted by the Kaiserslautern chapter of the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) International in March 2013.
- GRANTS TO ACCELERATE RESEARCH EFFORTS. Crawley, Erin // Defense AT&L;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p78
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research has awarded two Department of Defense Multidisciplinary University Research Initiative program grants to Arizona State University. The program is a multi-agency Defense Department program that supports research teams whose...
- Air Force Supply Management: Analysis of Activity Group's Financial Reports, Prices, and Cash Management: AIMD/NSIAD-98-118. // GAO Reports;6/8/1998, p1
Presents a report to Herbert Bateman, chairman, U.S. House Subcommittee on Military Readiness Committee on National Security, about the financial operations of the Department of Defense's Working Capital Funds, focusing on the Air Force supply management activity group. Functions of the supply...
- U.S. Humanitarian Response to Iran Earthquake Sparks New
Debate on Relations. Molavi, Afshin; Hanley, Delinda C. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Mar2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p28
The devastating earthquake in the city of Bam, Iran has resulted in new hopes for international relations between the U.S. and Iran. The U.S. Air Force jets landed in southeast Iran on December 29, 2003 to deliver humanitarian supplies and provide search-and-rescue assistance for the victims of...