Local Officials Urge a Boost in Next Surface Funding Law
- Texas Legislature Passes Transportation Funding Measure in Third Special Legislative Session. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;08/09/2013, p7
The article reports the passing in August 2013 of a Texas law providing an additional budget of 1.2 billion U.S. dollars annually for transportation projects in Texas.
- Legislators eye road funding. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/15/98, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p6
Focuses on Michigan senators' approval of a one-year extension to Public Act 51, which distributes transportation funds in Michigan.
- House Committee approves higher transportation spending for fiscal 1998. Eurich, Heather J. // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p6
Announces the US House Appropriations Committee's July 11, 1997 approval of a bill that would provide $42.5 billion for transportation programs in fiscal 1998. Terms of the legislation; Voice vote on the proposed legislation; Formula for funding transportation projects.
- Aviation, highways face '97 cuts. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/17/96, Vol. 236 Issue 24, p18
Reports that airport and federal highway funding would be trimmed and transit aid frozen under a fiscal 1997 transportation spending bill approved by the House transportation appropriations subcommittee on June 6, 1996. Comparison with the 1996 budget; Implications of the airport budget cuts.
- Transportation bill filled with loot for Louisiana. Caywood, Thomas // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/08/98, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p1
Anticipates US President Bill Clinton's signing of Louisiana's Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century which increases transportation spending through 2003. Provisions of the bill; Transportation projects funded by the highway bill; Efforts of state legislators to speed up the bill approval.
- S.C. must have a voice in the national transportation debate. Limehouse, H.B. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jan98, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Examines the need for South Carolina's involvement in the debate concerning a long term transportation funding bill. Poor transportation returns of the state in 1996; Importance of the development of the transportation sector in the state.
- New transport bills seek remedies for reductions in highway spending. James, Robert P. // Traffic World;12/6/93, Vol. 236 Issue 10, p26
Reports on bills introduced in Congress aimed at funding transportation projects. Bill seeking to set up a national infrastructure financing bank to float bonds to build road projects; Bill which gives states greater flexibility to use discretionary funds to improve highways and rail...
- Groups seizing on Metro crash in push for $500B highway bill. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;6/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 74, p1
The article reports on the $500 billion transit authorization bill by the Transportation for America, a coalition of interest groups and local officials, to overhaul the transportation system in the U.S. due to the commuter rail crash on June 22, 2009.
- House takes transportation trust funds `off budget'. // Human Events;5/3/96, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p23
Reports on the House's passage of a bill to designate as `off-budget' the four transportation trust funds. Provisions of the bill; Implications of the bill; Opposing views.