IRS Letter Clarifies Housing Agency's Requirements for Refunding Munis
- IRS: Umbrella Structure Allows Nonprofit to Use Tax-Exempts. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;1/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31561, p5
Reports on the scheduled release of a private-letter ruling by the Internal Revenue Service related to student housing bonds in the U.S. Highlights of the ruling and the date on which it is expected to be released formally; Members included in the management board; Unique features of the...
- IRS: Assessment, Lease-Rev Bonds Don't Satisfy Private Loan Test. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;11/20/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33816, p5
The article focuses on the recent U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) private letter ruling that assessment bonds and lease revenue bonds don't satisfy a private loan financing test.
- Washington Tribe's $9.3M Sawmill Deal Taxable, IRS Says. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p40
The article reports on the proposed adverse determination letter sent by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to the Yakama Indian Nation in Washington. This letter is about a 9.3 million dollar of conduit bonds used to finance a sawmill in the area. The Indians are already deciding whether to...
- Wisconsin Health Agency Receives Adverse Letter From IRS. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32599, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has sent a proposed adverse determination letter to the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority (WHEFA). According to a disclosure notice, its $56.25 million pooled bonds failed to comply with the federal tax code's...
- Local Development Corporation Qualifies as Issuer for County. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/10/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33181, p5
The article discusses the private-letter ruling issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) determining that a nonprofit local development corporation qualifies as bond issuer on behalf of the county that created it. It notes that any bonds being issued by an entity must be payable from...
- IRS Issues Favorable Ruling on Water Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;2/19/2015, Vol. 1, p1
The Internal Revenue Service issued a favorable private-letter ruling to an issuer who planned to issue governmental and private-activity bonds to finance improvements to water facilities.
- Deduction for repayment of plan losses. // Practical Accountant;May98, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p56
Provides information on the private letter ruling 9807028, where the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) indicated that payments made by a company to restore funds will not result in a taxable income which can be deducted by a company. Information on the plan; Comments from the IRS.
- IRS Issues Favorable TAM on Advance Refunding Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;9/22/2015, p15
The article reports that chief counsel's office of the Internal Revenue Service has issued a technical advice memorandum (TAM)favorable to an issuer of advance refunding bonds and mentions no usage of arbitrage device, TAM are issued in context of audit and refunding of outstanding debt.
- IRS: Change in PAB-Financed Project Location Okay. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;7/29/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34151, p1
The article reports on a private-letter ruling by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) which gives approval to use bond proceeds to construct a university athletic facility at a location not mentioned in a public notice. It mentions that the ruling was signed by IRS' chief of the tax-exempt...