Bloomberg Looks West
- In Cost-Cutting Move, Students In N.Y.C. to Register for Buses. A. P // Education Week;10/18/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on cost-cutting measures being taken by New York City schools. An overview of finances related to the city's bus registration system and the savings inherent in the cost-cutting measures is included. New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's plan to reduce money spent on...
- New York: Content Capital. Cox, Gordon // Variety;4/23/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 5, p37
The article examines economic policies of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg related to the mass media industry. Efforts by Bloomberg to make New York a more attractive location for television program and motion picture production are considered, particularly the operations of the city's...
- Bottom line on budget gap. // Crain's New York Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p42
Reports on the budget gap-closing plan's reliance on expenditure cuts and one-shot actions. Process of finding one-time sources of revenues as increasingly difficult; New York City's benefit from a low and declining interest rate environment.
- Redevelopment efforts under way in the Bronx. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/26/96, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p33
Focuses on efforts to redevelop the economy of The Bronx in New York City. Negotiations with companies interested in establishing bases in the neighborhood; Advantages of the Bronx's location for business purposes; Comments.
- Big N.Y. spenders. // Crain's New York Business;7/12/93, Vol. 9 Issue 28, p22
Reports on the legislation sponsored by New York City's congressional delegation that would increase government spending according to the National Taxpayers Union Foundation. Details on the proposed amount.
- Don't Bet on It. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31331, p35
Reports on the denial by the New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg regarding the chances of the city selling its Off-Track Betting Corp. Budget proposal released by the mayor; Assumption by the former mayor of the city.
- BAM district's 2nd act gets under way. Engquist, Erik // Crain's New York Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p20
The article informs that the phase two of the Brooklyn Academy of Music Cultural District construction project has started in Brooklyn, New York City. People are expecting that it will not go as poorly as phase one. In phase one, projects fell behind schedule that compelled the administration of...
- Breaking the Law in Michael Bloomberg's New York. Carter, Graydon // Vanity Fair;Feb204, Issue 522, p34
Features New York. Issue of the smoking ban in establishments and offices in the state; Percentage of establishments surveyed whose business has declined when the smoking ban took effect; Views of the author regarding the effect of the smoking ban to the international community.
- I Fought the Law. Hitchens, Christopher // Vanity Fair;Feb204, Issue 522, p70
Delves into the author's actions to protest the petty ordinances of Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York. Provision of food for the pigeons; Separation of his feet from the pedals of a bike; Placement of oneself on a milk crate while reading a book.