What to do when staff are sexually harassed
- Sexual Harassment Issues Could Compromise Closely Held Corporations. Bee, Lisa; Maatman Jr., Gerald L. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;5/26/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 21, p33
Focuses on a case of sexual harassment in the workplace involving two female employees and their male manager in Massachusetts. Appropriateness of terminating the employees engaged in sex during office hours; Implication of decision to refrain from terminating the employees; Determination of...
- Sexual harassment not a thing of the past. Stewart, Bonnie // Westchester County Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p4
Comments on key issues concerning sexual harassment in the workplace. Range of measures implemented by firms to foster better working environments; Range of anti-harassment policies implemented by firms; Implications on the business sector.
- When the innocents are swept up in an hysteria. Cassidy, Mike // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p2
Narrates the experiences of the author's friend concerning a false accusation of sexual harassment in the office. Effects of the accusation on the relationships between employees; Lessons and insights from the incident.
- Five myths about sexual harassment. Egler, Theresa Donahue // HRMagazine;Jan95, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on sexual harassment in the workplace. Increase in sexual harassment complaints; Need for sexual harassment sensitivity training to increase the awareness of supervisors and employers; Misconceptions about sexual harassment.
- Workplace sexual harassment in Britain and Western Australia. Khan, Anwar N.; Hohnen, Jacoba // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1994, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p137
Focuses on workplace sexual harassment in Great Britain and Western Australia. British Sex Discrimination Act; Western Australia's Equal Opportunity Act; Examination of relevant developments.
- Woman groped by coworker, then called 'skank-ass bitch' by supervisor. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;8/24/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 175, p4
The article discusses the court case Mann v. Staples which deals with the employee's complaint over hostile work environment as her co-employee harassed her.
- When is 'fooling around' harassment? Dreyfack, Raymond // Plant Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the incidence of sexual harassment in the workplace. Allegation of sexual harassment by the subordinate against the boss; Dismissal of employees based on the grounds of sexual accusations; Importance of cross-examination to the accusers.
- Booze, booty shorts and body shots prompted one worker to quit, then sue. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;
The article discusses the court case Glemser v. Sugar Creek Realty, d/b, in which the employee sued the company for sexual harassment and constructive discharge, stating that the working conditions were so intolerable that she was forced to quit.
- E.U. issues workplace harassment directive. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;4/29/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p37
Reports the directives on sexual harassment in the workplace in European Union countries. Approval of the directive by the European Parliament and European Commission; Allegations on employer toleration of sexual harassment in the workplace; Final court of appeal for harassment cases.