All systems go
- Small, but perfectly formed. Macredie, Robert; Lycett, Mark // Director;Jun2002, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p75
Focuses on the advantages of small information technology (IT) projects. Problems associated with large IT projects; Components of small IT solutions.
- Disruptive Technologies. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;1/6/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
Examines several technologies that bring change to the information technology (IT) industry and the business sector. Goal of IT since its inception; Disruptive technologies that ease the flow of information; Significance of disruptive technologies.
- Sluggish IT spend. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);1/13/2015, p9
The article reports on the forecast of the research firm Gartner that the growth in global information technology (IT) spending will be lower in 2015 at 2.4 percent compared to the 3.9 percent in 2014.
- Critical Thinking. Dilenschneider, Robert L. // Executive Excellence;May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the impact of information technology on business communications. Possibility of storage, collation and retrieval of data; Time wasted in reading messages without content and critical thinking; Replacement of advanced writing courses with computer courses.
- BUILDING THE VIRTUAL TEAM. O'Connor, Carol // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on businesses' use of information technology to serve commercial goals. Awareness of human needs for contact and community; Choice of electronic methods; Current or emerging needs for information; Replacement of cumbersome methods.
- PAYING ATTENTION TO THE SOUL OF BUSINESS. Chopra, Deepak // Siliconindia;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p100
Focuses on the perception of business as a dynamic system in the United States. Reflections on the spiritual aspects of business; Goal of fulfilling the needs of the human spirit; Role of information technology in the transformation of the human species. INSET: Deepak Copra..
- `New economy' to revolutionise workplace. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;08/20/99, p32
Discusses the impact of information technology on how companies transact their business in South Africa. Implications for property developers, owners and brokers; Effects of changing lifestyles and work trends on the demand for office space. INSET: Trends shaping future work environment..
- Tough times a trade-off for some. Els, Frik // Finance Week;12/7/2001, p61
Focuses on how companies can deal with shrinking information technology budgets in South Africa. Invention of new ways of keeping deals alive.
- Creating an IT ecosystem. Els, Frik // Finance Week;11/15/2002, p63
Reports on the developments in the information technology industry in India as of November 2002. Growth in business processing outsourcing; Improvement of research and development capabilities; Broadening of the impact of the Internet and computer technology.