How to use benchmarking
- Using Data to Gain Edge. // Chain Store Age;May99, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p212
Focuses on the importance of gathering data on retail stores as discussed by a panel of executives at the workshop `Benchmarking Practices for a Better Bottom Line' during the SPECS/99 conference. Comments from Jack Dennis, director of facility maintenance of HEB Grocery Co.; Uses of...
- Become masters of the benchmarking universe. Burke, Erin // Materials Management in Health Care;Sep2008, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
The article discusses the report published within the issue, "Hitting the benchmark," by Vicky Smith-Daniels.
- TQM benchmarking for economic development programs: `Good is not good where better is expected'. Canada, Eric P. // Economic Development Review;Summer93, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the need for benchmarking to satisfy the increasing expectations on total quality management. Creation of a sustainable competitive advantage; Reliance of quality improvement on benchmarking; Use of a moment of truth process; Case study.
- Nothing succeeds like quality. // Secretary;May94, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p4
Reports that more than nine out of ten companies have now established quality-enhancing programs in the United States. Data from a survey by Olsten Corporation; Emphasis on communicating organization-wide vision and identifying customer expectations in their programs; Impact of benchmarking in...
- Benchmarking Examines The Best Way To Say, Do Things. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p26
Gives pieces of advice about benchmarking. Purpose of benchmarking; Factors to consider in benchmarking; Ideas for benchmarking an ordinary practice into a best practice.
- How to read the benchmark results. // Australian PC User;Mar2008, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p7
The article offers tips on how to read the benchmark results.
- Mewborn has right questions to trigger proper benchmarking. Tu, Kailin // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jun2014, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Benchmarking Made Easier" by Amanda Mewborn in the May 2014 issue.
- Benchmarking: People make the process. Goldwasser, Charles // Management Review;Jun95, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p39
Discusses the merits and disadvantages of benchmarking, a process by which a company compares its performance with other companies to find out how the strongest-performing companies achieve their results. Benchmarking problems; Benchmarking planning; Research phase of benchmarking. INSETS:...
- BENCHMARKING QUALITY MANAGEMENT PRACTICES: U.S. VERSUS COSTA RICA. Tata, Jasmine; Prasad, Sameer; Motwani, Jaideep // Multinational Business Review (St. Louis University);Fall2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p37
To survive in today's competitive marketplace, companies are adopting quality management programs. Although a number of researchers have examined quality management in industrialized countries, few have compared the quality practices of industrialized and developing countries. We fill this gap...