Siemens says: please join the single currency club
- Developed market currency risk draws heat in equity portfolios. Hua, Thao // Pensions & Investments;9/19/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p4
The article discusses the impact of currency risk at center stage of global investment portfolios. According to the chief executive officer (CEO) of asset management for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Wayne Bowers, equities managers are neglecting the currency impact to the portfolios. It...
- The Drive Toward European Unification. Levine, Marc; Kim, Francis; Siegel, Joel // CPA Journal;Apr99, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the history of the euro currency. Members of the euro federation; Roots of the euro; Predictions on euro's impact.
- Say Hello to the Euro. // National Geographic World;Jan99, Issue 281, p5
Reports on a single currency, the euro, that will be adopted by eleven nations in Europe.
- Single E.U. currency, multiple risks? Shapiro, Stacy // Business Insurance;02/10/97, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p17
Suggests that employers and insurers in London should assess risks which might occur when a single currency is implemented in the European Union. When the implementation is expected to take effect; Definition of effective risk management; Estimated cost of change; What cost include.
- From punt to euro: The changeover in Ireland's currency. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Mar98, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the Irish government's national plan for the changeover to the single European currency. Public sector's acceptance of payment in euros and in Irish pounds from January 1, 1999; Euro denomination on central bank operations in the Irish wholesale money and foreign exchange markets;...
- An elegy for the ekuele, et al. Winchester, Simon // Conde Nast Traveler;Oct98, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p44
Opinion. Focuses on the concerns of an individual, who is worried that the world's currencies will soon vanish under the imperiums of international bankers. Reference made to the euro, which will replace the mark, the franc, and the Irish punt; Which currencies the individual believes will be...
- Hey, Dad. Rutberg, Sidney // Secured Lender;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p80
Talks about the euro and how it can make Europe a major economic power. Advantage of the euro; Cost of exchanging currencies.
- Europe on the brink. Portillo, Michael // National Interest;Spring98, Issue 51, p27
Discusses the issue of the implementation of the European single currency. Reference made to the process of European political integration; Indepth look at political union; Details on the support that Great Britain is giving to the United States policy against Iraq; What is the political union;...
- Euro earns applause at K. Bregar, Bill // Plastics News;11/16/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p1
Focuses on the views of machinery executives attending the K'98 exhibit on the effect of the proposed common euro currency on cross-border trade. Ease of comparing prices between the euro countries; Reduction in costs by eliminating the need for currency hedging; Policy for euro countries to...