Freeze the accounts
- Professor Solomons tells CASSL he wouldn't do it again unlessâ€¦. Roche, Stephanie // Accountancy;Apr1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1028, p7
Focuses on the issues related to education and training on accountancy in Great Britain. Proposals with regard to the test of professional competence; Way of training non-relevant graduates; Suitability of the student for training as a chartered accountants.
- Talks deal with training implications. // Accountancy;Feb1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1098, p6
Reports that CIPFA and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales held talks on the education and training implications of their merger in the accountancy profession in Great Britain. Need to ensure a proper balance of public sector and general practicing elements of the...
- Improve trainee selection process, President urges. // Accountancy;Jun77, Vol. 88 Issue 1006, p7
Focuses on the improvement of the trainee selection process in South Essex Society in Great Britain. Need for adequate education and training of members; Consideration on the standards set; Specification of the committee for the selection process.
- Scottish Parliament. // Education Journal;Jan2007, Issue 100, p42
The article provides information on education-related topics in Scotland. It is speculated when a performance report to assess the performance of each local authority since 2003 will be published. The Scottish Executive does not have plans to reopen the 2006-2007 financial settlement due to...
- FELE gets firm support. // Accountancy;Jun86, Vol. 97 Issue 1114, p7
Reports on the preference of training offices in Great Britain for a system of front-end loaded education in accounting. Popularity of the scheme for small firms; Need for two years work experience prior to training eligibility.
- Three months' debate begins. O'Kane, Brian // Accountancy;Nov86, Vol. 98 Issue 1119, p32
Reports on different opinions in accounting education and training in Great Britain as of November 1986. Symposium sponsored by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales on the consultative document 'Effective Education and Training for the 21st Century'; Front end loading;...
- A SELECTION OF EDUCATION PARLIAMENTARY QUESTIONS. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;3/4/2002, Issue 81, p32
Part II. Discusses issues relating to education in Great Britain. Questions on the gross funding for education; Statement on the future funding of the Leadership Group by the Secretary of the State for Education and Skills; Distribution of resources through Education Standard Spending Assessments.
- Don't change the system. Hyde, John // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/24/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4810, p20
The author argues that the British government's proposed funding changes for apprenticeships will result in a significant decline in formal training. He says that under the proposed system, the employer will assume responsibility for claiming public funding. He believes the decision to change...
- Annex IV Individual learning accounts. // OECD Economic Surveys: Sweden;Jun2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 14, p155
Offers information on the guideline bill of Sweden on individual learning accounts, focusing on individual learning and skills development. Main components of the proposal; Elements of the skills and learning premium; Rules designed to ensure that abuse does not occur.