- How to: Decide on training methods. Fowler, Alan // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p36
Discusses the relative merits of lectures, group discussions, role-play exercises, films and videos, case studies, management games and outdoor events. Group training methods; Individual training methods.
- Training resources. // People Management;07/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p52
Presents information on various training resources. Woodcock Francis Team Development Toolkit and the Francis Woodcock Problem Solving and Decision Making Toolkit; Joint learning resource centre starter kit by Training Direct, Pitman Publishing and HDL Training and Development; Windows version...
- Training resources. // People Management;12/19/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 25, p43
Presents information relating to training resources. Film on how to handle difficult customers; Aim of the distance learning package `Essential business skills'; Details on `session shakers.'
- A guide to high-tech training delivery: Part I. Munger, Paul David // Training & Development;Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p55
Describes delivery methods used in training and the situations in which they are most appropriate. Computer-based training; Artificial intelligence; Hypertext; Embedded training; Videotapes; Interactive videodisc; Compact discs.
- Capability key to change. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p67
States that `capability' is a key in change in skills management, with reference to the Education and Training Support Agency. Information on the labour market; Views of John Stevenson, a British consultant and researcher in capability; Reference to the need for individuals to develop their own...
- SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. Deterline, William A. // Training & Development Journal;Jun78, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p44
Focuses on the author's experience of real, accountable, performance-oriented, job-performance requirements training. Expectation that gadgets will do all the work without any help and will do all the training; Use of pseudopsychological or semipsychological approaches to self-improvement.
- To train or not to train?....an essential question. Dolliver, Sarah K. // Supervision;Oct93, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on training needs assessment. Definition of training needs of employees; Identifying and solving performance problems; Techniques in gathering data; Pinpointing trends; Missions, priorities and goals.
- How to find the hidden value in packaged training. Galagan, Patricia A. // Training & Development;Aug95, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p34
Offers advice for selecting packaged training programs. Looking at differences in how programs are designed; Understanding the company's strategic learning agenda; Price considerations. INSETS: How to buy video programs.;Tips for training buyers.;Where to find product reviews and listings..
- Designing accessible online help. Newman, Butler; Riner, Robert W. // Training & Development;Mar97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p41
Offers tips on how to design accessible online help for use in occupational training. Evolution of training programs; Effects of the growing demand for goods and services; Fundamental learning processes in training programs; Restrictions in training programs; Options for training programs.