New Options for Managing the Supply Chain
- The New Face of Market Intelligence, Part 1. Sheppard, Greg // Electronic News;05/21/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p36
Part I. Reports on the implication of the shortened cycle times of electronic supply chain on market information. Factors that contributed to reduction of the cycle time for almost every aspect of bringing an electronic system to market; Companies that dominate the large part of the electronic...
- Are OEM/EMS Service Agreements Fair? Berger, Jeff // Circuits Assembly;Sep2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, pS4
Focuses on the need for change in service agreements between manufacturers and suppliers in electronics industry in the United States. Benefits of service agreements to electronics manufacturing services providers; Identification of needs for scope of contract; Strategies of Sun Microsystems.
- Supply Chain Growth. // Electronic News;09/27/99, Vol. 45 Issue 39, p42
Presents statistics on the industrial growth in the electronics manufacturing supply chain for the first half of 1999.
- Data Integrity. Serago, Mike; Cohen, Carl // ECN: Electronic Component News;Oct2002, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p98
Discusses the importance of data integrity in supply chain collaboration in electronic industries. Addition of value to the product life cycle; Component selector tools offered by component vendors and distributors; Fee-based component information.
- Continuing the Supply Chain. Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News (10616624);06/28/99, Vol. 45 Issue 26, p34
Provides information on the Supply Chain and Material Management Summit initiated by Avnet Inc. in 1999. Problems encountered by electronic companies; Attendees of the summit; Benefits of the summit.
- Skydiving in the Supply Chain. Frazier, Greg // Electronic News;02/18/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p26
Comments on the supply chain management environment of the electronic industry. Challenges in improving the links between company information systems; Costs of electronic products; Problems faced by distributors in safeguarding the intellectual property and competitive advantages of all...
- Watching Component Indicators for a Sign. Spiegel, Rob // Electronic News;02/18/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the changes in the ordering in electronic distributors. Oversupply experienced by distributors; Demand for dynamic random access memory; Supply of capacitors and resistors in the market.
- Summertime, and the Livin' Is Easy. Flower, Gail // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p12
Presents several issues related to electronic industry in the U.S. as of August 2003. Examination of the culprits of overproduction; Accounts on the alternatives for global material procurement and manufacturing; Inauguration of the generation of SMT placement machines; Accuracy of the dual...
- The online factor. Yeates, Harry // Electronics Weekly;9/18/2002, Issue 2068, p30
Focuses on online procurement systems in the electronics industry. Description of the electronic procurement system adopted by BAE Systems; Management of the online system; Benefits of online selling.