High Tech's Impact on Best Practice Manufacturing
- Position Sensor. // Product Design & Development;Apr2004, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p1
Reports that Balluff Inc.'s ProSet 4 position sensor is a cylinder unit with four built-in programmable setpoint outputs for detection of end-stroke or any position in between. Sophisticated motion control without the need for continuous position feedback.
- Integrated digital sensors. Boudreau // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p33
Discusses the use of integrated digital sensors (ID-Sensors) in the design of electronic equipment and embedded process control systems. Elimination of the cost and complexities of transmitters, plug-in cards or modules; Use of a dedicated micro-electronics module designed for a specific...
- Sixth Sense. Klein, Herbert E. // Management Review;Jul65, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p14
Examines how developments in electronic technology are allowing engineers to explore aspects of a production process that have never been seen by man before. Relationship between new process-control computers and instrumentation; Standardization within the instrumentation and computer industry;...
- Update. Wayne, Scott; Coin, Michael // Electronic Design;02/07/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p140
Discusses the use of control loops in industrial process control systems. Use in smart transmitters and communications protocols; Isolation as sometimes required in intrinsically safe applications; Resolution provided; Digital isolated lines; Maximum power consumption.
- Presence Detection Crosses Industry Borders. Johnson, Dick // Control Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p51
Discusses the increase in the application of proximity sensor technologies in automated industries in the U.S. as of August 2005. Results of a survey conducted by "Control Engineering" magazine and the Reed Research Group regarding the primary application for proximity switches in control...
- Refrigeration control. // Engineered Systems;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, Special section p14
The article evaluates Computer Process Controls' Control Link platform which replaces electromechanical equipment found in refrigerated cases with cutting-edge electronics, enabling communication to facility management systems and remote monitoring services.
- More Digital Design and Controversy in 2006. Morrison, David // Power Electronics Technology;Jan2006, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
The article comments on updates related to digital power design among high technology industries. In 2005, the Texas Instruments Inc., Silicon Laboratories Inc., Zilker Labs Inc. have unveiled digital power controllers, which offered different approaches to implementing pulse width modulation...
- Networked Industrial MPU Utilizes Analog and Digital Peripherals. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the introduction of Applied Micro Circuits Corp.'s PowerPC 405EZ networked industrial processor. It discusses the key features and advantages offered by the device. The article also describes how the Chameleon Timer enables designers to mimic or construct virtually any...
- Enhancing Today's ESD-Control Efforts. // EE: Evaluation Engineering;May2004, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p70
Features electrostatic discharge (ESD) control devices and equipment. Smartlog Data Acquisition System from Desco EMIT; CSPESD301/302/303 family of ESD protection arrays from California Micro Devices; CTC037 EquilibrionÂ® Ionizer Controller from Credence Technologies.