Machine Vision Challenges
- AP Digital offers new photo option. Hunt, Gerri // Furniture/Today;7/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p74
The article discusses the concept of Virtual World Imaging (VWI) introduced by AP Digital Studios. The technique uses computer graphics programs to provide any background to product photographs. According to AP Digital Studios president Jim Hulin VWI can be used to shot product images, like one...
- Product Image Classification Based on Local Features and SVM Classifier. Jia, Shijie; Gu, Yuesheng; Zou, Juan // Journal of Convergence Information Technology;Mar2012, Vol. 7 Issue 5, preceding p218
This paper proposed a product image classification system based on local features and SVM (support vector machine) classifiers. In our scheme, the SIFT descriptors of the training images are clustered into some bag of visual words, and each image is represented as PHOW (Pyramid Histograms of...
- Imaging center opens. // American Printer;May95, Vol. 215 Issue 2, p14
Reports on Graphic Arts Technical Foundation's unveiling of the Center for Imaging Excellence in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Services offered; Contact information.
- The push for IP multicasting. Bellman, Robert B. // Business Communications Review;Jun97, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p28
Presents information relating to image processing multicasting networks. Definition of the multicast concept; What is complicated about multicast networking; How multicasting works; Details on the benefits of multicast.
- Video estimation of foreshore topography using trinocular stereo Holland, K. T.; Holman, R. A. // Journal of Coastal Research;Winter1997, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p81
Previous researchers have shown that topographic response to swash processes is typically rapid and occasionally substantial. However, the methods used to document these fluctuations were often labor intensive and usually resulted in only a few estimates at a limited number of survey locations....
- Imaging the future. // Canadian Banker;May/Jun91, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p6
Deals with image processing which will revolutionize the way cheque processing is handled in banks. Opinion of Thomas W. Anderson, vice president and director, Operations, of the Canadian Bankers Association, on image technology; Promises of imaging technology for employees; How processing...
- Images. Barber, David // Library Technology Reports;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p639
Focuses on images, which is one of the common types of content in digital libraries of the 1990s. Identification of the key characteristics of images; Information on the functionality of an image access system; Details on image management systems.
- Frame grabber performs real-time object analysis. Pearl, Paul R.; Weir, Tony // Laser Focus World;Aug97, Vol. 33 Issue 8, pS11
Focuses on the application of the Power Processing Module-Area Parameter Accelerator frame-grabber in real-time image analysis. Algorithm segments; Features of the frame-grabber technology; Mechanism for image analysis; Operation of the technology as a power-processing adjunct; Other potential...
- Children: Seen and heard. Clarke, Sherrill D. // Essence (Essence);Jan1996, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p118
Presents an invitation to children from around the world to contribute poems, diaries, stories and drawings to a book called `From the Heart-An Appeal for Peace'. Center for Humanistic Interpersonal Learning and Development Incorporated (CHILD); Purpose of book.