Certifying the SMT Process Engineer
- Surface-mount group revises guidelines. D.M. // Electronic Design;3/4/96, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p29
Reports on plans of the Surface Mount Technology Association to revise its testability guidelines. Organization's call for volunteers to assist in the revision process; Contact information.
- SMTA Announces Certification Program. // Circuits Assembly;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p12
Reports the launching of a certification program for the complete surface-mount technology process of Surface Mount Technology Association in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Nature of the program; Certification process.
- ASSOCIATION NEWS. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p26
Reports updates in the Surface Mount Technology Association in the U.S. Establishment of a Moisture-sensitive Devices Council; Membership promotion for the Council; Release of the Testability Guidelines by the Testability Committee.
- SMTA Offers Lead-Free Assembly Course. // Circuits Assembly;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p10
Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Surface Mount Technology Association is presenting a course entitled, "Implementing Lead-Free Assembly at Your Facility" on December 09, 2003, at Manufacturers' Services Ltd. in Arden Hills, Minnesota. The course focuses on how to implement lead-free assembly at a...
- SMTA Announces SMTa Tool Box. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p26
Announces the launch of a new article series for SMT Magazine called the SMTa Tool Box by the Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) in the U.S. Focus on business tool sets for the SMT engineer serving the electronics industry; Identification of new requirements for the industry;...
- Wafer-Level Event To Track IC Packaging. // Circuits Assembly;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p10
The first annual International WaferLevel Packaging Congress to explore semiconductor packaging and test technologies, with special emphasis on three-dimensional (3-D) stacked packaging, will be presented in San Jose, California on October 10-12, 2004. The congress and exhibition are sponsored...
- SMT flowline. // Electronic News;9/6/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1979, p12
Presents a photograph of the ValuLine surface mount assembly package. DEK 249 screen printer; Philips CSM84 compact surface mounter; Conceptronic forced convection reflow oven; Introductory price; Description of the surface mounter from Philips Industrial Automation.
- Contract manufacturing, new components drive surface mount market. // Control Engineering;Mar98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p55
Focuses on the continued growth of the surface mount technology market despite a slowdown in capital equipment spending, according to a report by Frost & Sullivan. Projected sales growth from 1997 to 2004; Fastest growing geographic regions.
- Analog's shrinking world. Jung, Walt // Electronic Design;04/01/97, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p169
Provides information about the surface mount (SM) packaging of integrated circuit. SM's advantages over the traditional leaded passive components; Burden experienced by a digital designer on the constraints of SM parts.