Flextronics Expands Capabilities in Asia
- Flextronics Adding On Facilities. // Electronic News;02/22/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2258, p34
Deals with the facility expansion of San Jose, California-based Flextronics International as of February 1999. Financial status of the company; Business moves made by Flextronics in 1998; Corporate credit rating given by Standard & Poor's on the company.
- FLEXTRONICS LOOKS ABROAD. Royal, Weld; Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;06/12/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 11, p14
Features Flextronics International Limited, a Singapore-based maker of electronic components and equipment. Assets of the company; Its clients; Outsourcing manufacturing moves of Flextronics.
- The Faces of Technology Today. Buetow, Mike; Shaughnessy, Andy // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
Interviews three of the top executives at electronics manufacturer Flextronics International Ltd. Product applications; Cost of integrated circuit packaging research and development; Technology-based design decisions.
- Flextronics to Sack 1,400 in Malaysia. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on Flextronics which will put around 1,400 employees out of work when it closes its factory in Shah Alam, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. According to Reuters, a spokeswoman for Malaysia's Ministry of Human Resources, the company plans to lay off 1,382 workers from its assembly plant...
- Remember the Bottom Line. Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Dec2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p65
Examines the efforts of several electronic contract manufacturers to increase their stocks despite decreasing profits. Increase in the revenues of ECM; Average debt-to-equity ratio of ECM; Partnership between Flextronics and Motorola.
- Welcome to the Brave New Internet World. McNamara, Michael // Electronic News;09/27/99, Vol. 45 Issue 39, p40
Reports on the role of the Internet in Flextronics International's customer services. Industrial park strategy developed by Flextronics; Supply chain integration offered by the company.
- EMS Billionaires But... Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;05/29/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 22, p58
Focuses on the growth of electronic manufacturing services (EMS) firms. Factors that contribute to the growth; Prediction of Michael Mark, chairman and chief executive officer of Flextronics International Ltd. on the EMS growth; Technology trend; Other issues facing the EMS industry.
- Flextronics Plans Mexico Facility. // Electronic News;10/3/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 40, pN.PAG
The article reports on the plan of electronics company Flextronics to develop a new facility in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico as of October 2005. The new facility will serve as a strategic location to North American markets for logistics and mechanicals services, and the company said it is expected to...
- All Aboard the EMS Express. Levine, Bernard; Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;02/05/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p1
Reports that original equipment manufacturers are turning over production to electronic manufacturing services (EMS) companies as of February 2001. Decision of Ericsson to turn over its cellphone production to Flextronics International Ltd.; Status of the EMS business.