Viasystems to Manufacture Hop-On Cell Phones
- Viasystems Files Chapter 11, Creditor Agreement Reached. // PC FAB;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p6
Reports that the Viasystems Group Inc. has made an agreement with its main creditors on a restructuring that calls for the conversion of its debt into common and preferred stock and will result in a prepackaged voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.
- Viasystems revamps in Europe. // Electronic News;05/18/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2219, p42
Focuses on Viasystems Group Inc.'s reorganization of its European operation. Establishment of three-market-focused businesses aimed at commercial, high-technology and special-product applications; Plan to consolidate and fine-tune certain operations in the European organization to optimize...
- Hot idea: Recycle cell phones. Koucky, Sherri; Mraz, Stephen // Machine Design;11/02/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 21, p32
Features the recycled mobile telephones developed by a research team at Brunel University, west London, England. Description of the recycled telephones; Reason different components are triggered to change shape at different temperatures.
- Viasystems' Conlon: 'Price Pressure Not as Bad Now as in '98.' // PC FAB;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the business loss posted by Viasystems Group. Percentage loss posted by the company; Forecasts of Viasystems president Tim Conlon on the revenue for the second quarter of 2002; Estimated capital expenditure in 2002.
- Testing head impact. // Environmental Engineering;Autumn2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p5
Announces the installation of an innovative design of six-axis head impact test system developed by VIA Systems at the Millbrook automotive test and development center in Great Britain. Relevance of the installation to time and cost issues associated with Free Motion Headform Impact devices;...
- Test simulates pedestrians' safety. Manji, James F. // Design News;4/22/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p100
Focuses on the Free Motion Headform test system and the Pedestrian Impact system developed by VIA-Systems Inc. to help automakers judge whether their vehicle designs will soften the impact on pedestrians. Basic test probes used by both technologies; Features of the products; Principle behind...
- Portable Plants. Kuhar, Mark S. // Pit & Quarry;Feb2007, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the launched of a magazine "Portable Plants & Equipment," by Pit & Quarry to focus on the mobile equipment and technology available to producers in the U.S. The said magazine are finding a positive reception both from producers who wish to take a mobile approach to...
- Viasystems Auditor Questions Finances; $1B in Loans at Stake. Brown, Shawn // PC FAB;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p6
No abstract available.
- HOT WIRES news just off the press. // PC FAB;Oct2001, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p6
Presents news briefs on developments in the printed circuit board (PCB) industry as of October 2002. Public statement of the China Printed Circuit Association on its position on the activities of foreign organizations; Announcement of Viasystems on the restructuring agreement of the company...