Vieques: The Past, Present, and Future of the Puerto Rico-U.S. Colonial Relationship
- Laws Divine, Moral and Martial. // Jamestown Adventure;2004, p178
An excerpt from Tracts and Other Papers Relating Principally to the origin, settlement, and progress of the colonies in North America, from the Discovery of the country to the year 1776 is presented.
- Making History. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/30/2006, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p8
A quiz about an English colony is presented.
- COLONIAL LIFE. // Child Life;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p19
Describes the lifestyles of inhabitants in New England from the mid 1600s to the mid 1700s, as the colonies grew.
- International Decade for Eradication of Colonialism proclaimed. // United Nations Chronicle;Mar89, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p88
Reports on the UN declaration of the 1990s as the International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism. Action plan details.
- Our Founding Fathers. Wilmore, Kathy // Junior Scholastic;10/31/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the efforts of 13 colonies to create a nation after the American Revolution. INSETS: CAST OF CHARACTERS;Words to Know;WORD MATCH.
- Decolonization committee. // United Nations Chronicle;Dec92, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p76
Reports on the adoption of an omnibus resolution on ten Non-Self-Governing Territories by the United Nations Special Committee on the Situation with regard to the Implementation of the Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples. Details.
- Founding of the Darien colony. Cavendish, Richard // History Today;Nov98, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p48
Details how the Darien colony was founded in November 3, 1698. Purpose of establishing the colony; Expectation of Scottish financier William Paterson on the colony.
- Introduction: Britain's Colonial Disengagement from the Eastern Caribbean. ALOMAR, RAFAEL COX // Revisting the Transatlantic Triangle;2008, preceding p2
An introduction to the book "Revisiting the Transatlantic Triangle" is presented, in which the author tackles Great Britain's colonial disengagement from the Eastern Caribbean.
- PART TWO: THE DISENTANGLEMENT OF A COLONIAL KNOT. Barrow, Errol; ALOMAR, RAFAEL COX // Revisting the Transatlantic Triangle;2008, p39
An introduction to the second part of the book "Revisiting the Transatlantic Triangle" is presented, in which the author tackles Great Britain's colonial disengagement from Eastern Caribbean territories.