Reparations and the Colonial Dilemma: The Insurmountable Hurdles and Yet Transformative Benefits
- Reparations Theory and Postcolonial Puerto Rico: Some Preliminary Thoughts. Malavet, Pedro A. // Berkeley La Raza Law Journal;Fall2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p387
Examines the reparations theory in post-colonial Puerto Rico. Legislation-litigation paradox for reparations; Land and monetary reparations; Citizenship reparations.
- Qualifying for compensation. // Herizons;Summer95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p10
Announces the eligibility for compensation of victims of threats and criminal harassment under the Criminal Injury Compensation Act in British Columbia.
- In Durban, a black woman peer did the white man's dirty work. Howe, Darcus // New Statesman;9/10/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4554, p22
Discusses the reparations demanded for the injustice against black slaves. How the manifesto of Marcus Garvey, who led the largest movement in history against racism, against the domination of blacks by whites, was immortalized; View of black intellectual elite on the call for reparations;...
- Notes on church-state affairs: Austria. Beck, Rosalie; Hendon, David W. // Journal of Church & State;Summer90, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p661
Reports on the Australian government's agreement to pay almost $200 million in benefits to Jews who suffered in that country during the Nazi era. Allocation of benefits.
- Religious group affirms call for reparations in Tulsa. Juanita, Karen // New York Amsterdam News;7/12/2001-7/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 28, p6
Reports the demand for the reparation of victims in the 1921 Tulsa race riot in Oklahoma. Law appropriating funds for a race riot memorial; History of the riot leading to the destruction of Greenwood; Resolution of the Unitarian Universalist Association in helping the victims and their ancestors.
- Reparations for slavery returns to the front burner. Carter, Richard // New York Amsterdam News;7/12/2001-7/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 28, p10
Focuses on the controversy regarding the reparations for the descendants of Black slaves in New York. Passage of a bill for establishing a commission aimed at quantifying the amount owed by the government and businesses to the victims of slavery; Evolution of the reparations for slavery;...
- The truth of our thinking: Reparation$ now! Vance, Russell Lee X. // New York Amsterdam News;01/01/98, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p13
Gives the author's opinion of reparation in the United States. Allegations made against the United States, for its oppression of Blacks.
- Past Due: The African American Quest for Reparations. Allen, Robert L. // Black Scholar;Summer98, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p2
Looks at the quest for reparations by African Americans, while focusing on reparations as a structure of social justice for African Americans. Historical overview of the quest for reparations; Reference to the Ten-Point Program of the Black Panther Party; Information endorsements for...
- Looking at the law. Goodwin, Catharine M. // Federal Probation;Dec98, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p95
Proposes a four-step analysis to help probation officers determine victims of, and compensable losses incurred from, an offense for restitution purposes. History of restitution in federal criminal cases; Conspiracies and schemes.