AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care: A Framework to Optimize Outcomes
- Ask AACN. // RN;Sep99, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p28ac4
Details recommendations from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses regarding family visitation in the intensive care unit. Variations in visitation policies for critical care; Findings on the importance of personal contact and close proximity between critically ill patients and their...
- AACN Update. // RN;Aug2002, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p24ac1
Reports developments in the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). Accessibility of personal digital assistant (PDA) software and hardware; Proposal on the incorporation of the AACN PDA Center to PowerPoint tutorials; Development of the electronic versions of pocket reference...
- RN's AACN Update. // RN;Jan2000, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p24ac2
Presents news and position statements from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses. Risk-taking associated with truth-telling; Pain perceptions and responses in critically ill patients; Commonly performed clinical procedures; Femoral sheath removal, turning and tracheal suctioning as...
- Briefs. // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p37
Presents updates on medical studies on critical care nursing. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation for untrained rescuers; Effects of hospital workload on the mortality rate of critical care patients; Threat posed by toys to newborn babies in intensive care.
- From the Editor. Bressmann, Tim // Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology;Summer2010, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p84
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the management of non-speaking adult patients in acute care settings, the winners of the 2010 Editor's Award, and improvement of patient care and rehabilitative process.
- Community outcry saves ICU. // Lamp;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p22
The article discusses the cancellation of the plan to reduce nurse numbers in the intensive care unit of Bathurst Base Hospital in New South Wales after a public outcry. It offers the explanation of New South Wales Nurses and Midwives' Association (NSWNMA) branch delegate Lyn Sloane on why cut...
- Developing an Educational Consortium: The Portland Experience. Ellmers, Karen L. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p60
Describes the process that the board members of the Greater Portland chapter of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses went through to develop a 6-day course on the core theory of critical care nursing on a consortium basis. Discussion on how the course content can mesh with...
- RN's AACN update. // RN;Nov99, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p24ac2
Focuses on position statements and news related to the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). Statement from AACN President Anne G. Wojner; Structure of the Critical Care Registered Nurse examination; Standards for critical care nursing practice released by AACN.
- The NTI heads for Orlando. // RN;Mar2000, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p24ac5
Announces that the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses' National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exposition will be held on May 20-25, 2000 in Orlando, Florida. Contact hours of continuing education credit; Actor Robert Urich as keynote speaker.