- Getting Section 8 Programs Leased Up. Slavin, Peter // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p39
Reports the efforts of local housing authorities to place families in Section 8 housing programs in the United States. Aim to improve the Section 8 lease-up rate; Strategies for recruiting homeowners for the program; Benefits of media campaigns for the program. INSET: INCREASE VOUCHER UTILIZATION.
- Delaware. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p51
Reports on the Delaware State Housing Authority's approval of a 238,550-dollar Housing Development Fund grant for a community revitalization project called the Pavilion at Cornerstone. Details of the Cornerstone initiative; Features of Cornerstone townhouses.
- ACROSS THE NATION. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p10
Reports developments related to housing and community development in the United States as of July 2001. Grant awarded to nonprofit National Housing Development Corp.; Involvement of the Illinois Housing Development Authority in affordable senior housing projects; Inclusion of housing...
- NATIONAL HONOR FOR MILWAUKEE HOUSING AUTHORITY. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p14
Reports that the Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee (HACM) has been awarded the 2004 National Social Advocacy Award by the American Planning Association. Role of the HACM in providing a low-income public housing development for seniors; Reaction of HACM chairman Willie L. Hines Jr. to...
- Salt Lake Housing Authority planning to build 100-unit apartments for the homeless. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/13/2006, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p7
Reports on the plans of the Housing Authority of Salt Lake City, Utah to build an apartment complex for the homeless in April 2006. Area of the property; Location of the property; Remarks from Bill Nighswonger, director of development and homeless programs for the housing authority, on the...
- Build begins Feb. 3 on 215-unit Parc Grove project. Lutz, Marc // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/22/2010, Issue 324131, p1
The article reports on the launch of the first phase of Parc Grove Commons II, a low-income housing development project by the Housing Authorities of the City and County of Fresno in California, on February 3, 2010. It notes that the housing project, which will cost 37.8 million dollars, is...
- Shelter calls for reserves inquiry. // Public Finance;09/27/96, p4
Reports that the housing charity Shelter has called for an independent inquiry to be set up to diffuse the growing row over the level of reserves held by housing associations. Information about the Housing Corporation; Different impact of local housing companies.
- Housing report figures altered. // Public Finance;12/15/99, p6
Reports alteration made on a study on the management cost of housing associations in Great Britain. Comparison of the performance of housing associations with local authorities; Differences in key areas of financial management; Address on the fears of council on losing influence on housing stock.
- Creative Financing Brings BHA $16 Million for Energy Investment. // Energy User News;Jun2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p26
Reports that the organization Boston Housing Authority has saved $16 million through a performance contract for installing two creative energy and water systems in its housing development projects in the U.S. Benefit of systems for energy management; Features of systems; Amount invested by the...