PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. .
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Dec2003, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p11
The article presents information about appointments of executives in the book industries and trade in Canada as of December 2003. Trish Kelly has just joined as promotions and publicity coordinator of Asenal Pulp Press. Jennifer Nault is now managing editor of Banff Centre Press. Sarah Schwieger...
- People. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;2/17/2003, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the selection of executives in the publishing industry. Designation of Steven O. Tripp as sales director of RealTimeImage; Appointment of Sharon Roberts as vice president at Stellent Inc.; Recruitment of Jeffrey Silverman as chief executive officer of Integrated Color Solutions.
- How to hunt for a headhunter. Calvacca, Lorraine // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;1996 Special SourceBook, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p260
Discusses how publishers can choose the best firms to headhunt executives for their publication. Value of executive search firms; Factors to consider when planning for acquiring the services of a search firm; Importance of good relations with the search agency point person; Contingency equation.
- Peopleware. // EventDV;Jan2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 1, p8
The article announces appointments in the publishing industry including Gina McCue as vice president of strategic accounts at Credo Reference, Andrew Savikas as chief executive officer (CEO) at Safari Books Online, and Martyn Harrow as head of JISC.
- People. // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 29, p10
The article announces the appointments of several executives in the publishing industry in the U.S. including Arthur Sesselberg at Simon & Schuster, Kevin Cieslicki at Bloomsbury and Karen Auerbach at Kensington Publishing.
- Lynne Palmer recruitment marks 35 years. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p18
Reports that Lynne Palmer Executive Recruitment has marked its 35 years as a recruitment firm specializing in the American publishing industry. Expansion of the company's services; Locations of the firm's offices.
- HVBJ appoints new editor. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/18/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p31
The article reports that Gina Andress has been appointed editor of the newspaper Hudson Valley Business Journal. According to the publisher of the journal Al Osten, Andress' broad experience in business communications will be an asset to the business newspaper.
- Two Join Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the recruitment of Gray Peterson and Frank Wong as executives at publishing company Scholastic. Previous positions held by the two; Responsibilities of Peterson at the company.
- Could It Really Be 'Time' For Tina? G. G. // New York;5/22/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p11
The article focuses on the efforts of publisher Tina Brown in selecting the executive that will manage one of her magazines in the U.S. She is considering managing editor Jim Kelly, Jon Meacham of "Newsweek, and " Jacob Weisberg and Michael Kinsley of "Slate" to replace editor-in-chief John...