PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. .
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Dec2003, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p11
The article presents information about appointments of executives in the book industries and trade in Canada as of December 2003. Trish Kelly has just joined as promotions and publicity coordinator of Asenal Pulp Press. Jennifer Nault is now managing editor of Banff Centre Press. Sarah Schwieger...
- People. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;2/17/2003, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the selection of executives in the publishing industry. Designation of Steven O. Tripp as sales director of RealTimeImage; Appointment of Sharon Roberts as vice president at Stellent Inc.; Recruitment of Jeffrey Silverman as chief executive officer of Integrated Color Solutions.
- How to hunt for a headhunter. Calvacca, Lorraine // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;1996 Special SourceBook, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p260
Discusses how publishers can choose the best firms to headhunt executives for their publication. Value of executive search firms; Factors to consider when planning for acquiring the services of a search firm; Importance of good relations with the search agency point person; Contingency equation.
- Peopleware. // EventDV;Jan2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 1, p8
The article announces appointments in the publishing industry including Gina McCue as vice president of strategic accounts at Credo Reference, Andrew Savikas as chief executive officer (CEO) at Safari Books Online, and Martyn Harrow as head of JISC.
- Spall Joins Lightning. // Publishers Weekly;9/27/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 39, p16
Reports on the move of Lightning Source to appoint Kevin Spall are vice president for sales and marketing. Background of Spall.
- People. // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 29, p10
The article announces the appointments of several executives in the publishing industry in the U.S. including Arthur Sesselberg at Simon & Schuster, Kevin Cieslicki at Bloomsbury and Karen Auerbach at Kensington Publishing.
- Lynne Palmer recruitment marks 35 years. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p18
Reports that Lynne Palmer Executive Recruitment has marked its 35 years as a recruitment firm specializing in the American publishing industry. Expansion of the company's services; Locations of the firm's offices.
- McGee Moves to New Spot at McGraw-Hill. // Publishers Weekly;12/3/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 49, p13
Reports on the recruitment of Julie McGee as executive vice-president of educational publishing of Basal and Test Publishing, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill Cos. Nature of the job assigned to McGee; Unit presidents who will report to McGee; Experience of McGee in the Scholastic company.
- Could It Really Be 'Time' For Tina? G. G. // New York;5/22/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p11
The article focuses on the efforts of publisher Tina Brown in selecting the executive that will manage one of her magazines in the U.S. She is considering managing editor Jim Kelly, Jon Meacham of "Newsweek, and " Jacob Weisberg and Michael Kinsley of "Slate" to replace editor-in-chief John...