U.K. Publisher Trolling For Local Talent To Head U.S. Office--Only The 'Very High Profile' Need Apply
- Hachette Acquires Hodder Headline For $400 Million. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p109
Reports on the acquisition of British publisher Hodder Headline by the French publishing group Hachette Livre. Cost value of the deal; Percentage of the British consumer publishing market to be controlled by Hachette with the purchase of Hodder; Members of the Hachette British Book Group which...
- Another blow to NBA in U.K.: Hodder to withdraw. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;10/17/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 42, p14
Reports that Hodder Headline has announced its withdrawal from England's Net Book Agreement on December 26, 1994. Implications of the decision.
- Hodder reports handsome results. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;4/17/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 16, p20
Reports on the financial performance of Hodder Headline for the first full year of trading since the merger of the companies Headline and Hodder & Stoughton in June 1993. Operating profits; Group's acquisition of the New Zealand publisher, Moa Beckett Publishers in 1994; Majority share in Ravan...
- U.K.'s Hodder acquires NZ house. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;1/16/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 3, p312
Reports on the acquisition of New Zealand leading publisher, Moa Beckett Publishers by Hodder Headline. Naming of merged company as Hodder Moa Becket Publishers.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/19/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p8
Presents news updates on the international publishing industry, compiled as of August 19, 2002. Plans of Penguin and Hodder Headline to set up publishing divisions in Ireland; Great Britain web site to be launched by Abebooks.com.
- Hodder to Enter U.S. Market With Assist from S&am;S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the plan of British publisher Hodder Headline to launch Hodder Headline USA (HH USA), through a joint venture with Simon & Schuster as of February 17, 2003. Terms of the joint agreement between the two companies; Genre of books that will be found at HH USA; Plans of the company for...
- Hodder Headline Acquires John Murray. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;5/20/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the acquisition of John Murray, an independent publisher in Great Britain, by Hodder Headline. Decline in independent publishing in Britain; View of Tim Hely Hutchinson of Hodder on the deal; Sales of Hodder in 2002.
- British publisher Hodder seeks chief for NY chapter. Souccar, Miriam Kreinin // Crain's New York Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p16
Presents news related to various top management jobs in the U.S. as of March 16, 2003. Search for a chief executive officer at the British publishing company Hodder Headline PLC in Manhattan; Need for a executive director at Queens Economic Development Corp.
- W.H Smith Sells Book Publishing Arm For $406 Million. // Book Publishing Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p5
Reports that Great Britain-based W.H. Smith Ltd. has sold its book publishing arm, Hodder Headline PLC, to French publisher Hachette Books. Revenues generated by Hodder; Number of publishing houses and books published by Hachette.