Industry Fears Bad Book Market May Get Worse
- No Upturn in Sight, Recovery May Be as Far Away as 2003. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p57
Presents charts and tables depicting the financial report of magazine companies in the United States. Growth of advertising-dollar for male enthusiast magazines; Status of the publicly traded magazine companies; Recovery of magazine media company stock prices.
- ACCESS ALL AREAS. Harrington, Anthony // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p50
Reports that Internet publishing offers great potential for interactive accounting. Comments from Ernst and Young senior audit partner Ian Lee about Internet based publishing; Information on the consultation paper, `Business Reporting on the Internet'; Issues that must be addressed regarding...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the financial statement of the publishing company Scholastic. Plans to increase the marketing of some of its books; Total revenues for the company; Operating income.
- Penguin Posts First half Decline, Anticipates Stronger Second Half. // Book Publishing Report;8/04/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p2
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Penguin Group in the U.S. Decline of revenue and profits; Launch of marketing campaign; Business plans of the firm.
- Should Universities prepare Balance Sheets? Owen, G.B. // Accountancy;Jul1971, Vol. 82 Issue 935, p370
Evaluates the use of balance sheets on the financial statements in universities. Uses of balance sheets; Purpose on the presentation of financial statements in balance sheets; Considerations on the publication of balance sheets.
- Planning the publication of a set of annual accounts. Rabbarts, Alec // Accountancy;Jun78, Vol. 89 Issue 1018, p102
Focuses on the publication of a set of account in various business firms in Great Britain. Importance of planning in account publication; Elements involved in the publishing process; Details on the design of the accounts.
- College Sales Slump in November, Net Sales Flat Near Year's End. // Educational Marketer;2/2/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the financial performance of the publishing industry in the U.S. as of 2003. Effect of the sales decline in November on the year-to-date growth of the industry; Net sales of the industry for the first 11 months of 2003; Comparison of the gross sales of November 2003 from that of...
- K-12 Sales Decline in Nov., Industry Remains Ahead of 2002 for the YTD. // Educational Marketer;2/2/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the financial performance of the publishing industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. Decline of K-12 sales of basal textbook and supplemental materials; Increase of the sales of supplemental materials in open territories; Decrease of total K-12 textbook sales in adoption states.
- Reporting financial performance. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep99, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the discussion paper `Reporting Financial Performance: Proposals for Change' published by Great Britain Accounting Standards Board. Most important innovation of FRS3 Reporting Financial Performance; Reason for the introduction of the statement of total recognized gains and losses...