With a Chance for More Textbook Funding, Florida Is K-12 Bright Spot
- AAP: K-12 Sales Increase 10%; College Sales Plummet, Returns Rise. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p5
Reports the sales of United States K-12 instructional materials in September 2000.
- Where is that lesson? It's easy to find with LRMI. DeNisco, Alison // District Administration;Oct2013, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p74
The article looks at the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI), created by the U.S. Association of Educational Publishers and Creative Commons that can be used by teachers for searching for instructional materials online.
- CHECKLIST. // School Library Journal;Feb81, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p35
Lists educational materials released in the United States as of February 2001. 'Puppets and You in the Library,' a booklet from the Orange County Public Library in California; 'Invitations, Celebrations: A Handbook of Ideas and Techniques for Promoting Reading in Junior and Senior High...
- Lang. Arts, Foreign Language Textbook Sales Could Be Lighter in '04 in Tennessee Than Science in '03. // Educational Marketer;12/1/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p1
Reports that heavy purchasing by large school districts rescued Tennessee's textbook sales in 2003, but may not be repeated in 2003, when schools are supposed to buy instructional materials in K-12 language arts, foreign language and art, dramatics, music and speech.
- Free ... or low-cost. // Curriculum Review;Nov2001, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p13
Presents information regarding sample free teaching resources through electronic mail from the educational publishers Educators Progress Service Inc.
- Net College Sales Rise 3.3% in November. // Educational Marketer;1/22/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p7
The article focuses on the sales of college instructional materials in the U.S. in November 2006. Returns have grown at a faster pace than gross sales of these materials during the period. College publishers have maintained a 3.1% increase in net sales through the 11 months of the year. Gross...
- Pearson Education, Despite Revenue Decline, Leads U.S. K-12 Publishers in EM's Exclusive 2002 Index. // Educational Marketer;7/14/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the revenue performance of Pearson Education in 2002 in terms of sales from K-12 instructional materials, amidst economic downturn that plagued the K-12 educational publishing industry in the United States. Value of total sales generated in the K-12 market; Factors that contributed...
- College Textbook Return Growth Rate Slows in July, Clips Net Sales. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p6
Provides information on the decline in college textbook return growth rate in July 2003. Net incurred by the U.S. college instructional material publishers in July of the same year; Gross sales generated by the publishers for the month of September 2003; Average of the ratio of returns to gross...
- U.S. K-12 Instructional Material Sales Climb 17.9% In May. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the sales in the total basal textbook and supplemental sales of K-12 publishers in the U.S. Prognosis of a decline in industry sales for 2004; Increase of textbook sales; Description of sales of supplemental materials.