Scholastic's Competitors Also Are Buffeted in Volatile Stock Market
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;06/12/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p8
Presents updates on educational publishing in the United States as of June 12, 2000, including the services agreement between Scholastic Inc. and Yahoo! Inc.
- Scholastic Q1 Revenues Up 98%; Educational Unit Sales Rise 65%. // Educational Marketer;10/09/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p6
Reports on Scholastic Inc., the publisher of the `Harry Potter' book series.
- Scholastic Reorganizes Educational Publishing Efforts, Names Head. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p4
Deals with the reorganization of educational publishing company Scholastic Inc.
- Scholastic's Potter bewitches Street. // Crain's New York Business;09/25/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p62
Reports on the doubling of Scholastic Inc.'s share price with the success of author J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter book series. Financial analysts' assessment of the company's stock; Revenue growth of its educational sales unit; Marketing agreement with Toys 'R' Us Inc.
- Test Prep Mania Prompts Program From Scholastic. // Educational Marketer;7/15/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p6
Reports on educational magazine publisher Scholastic Inc.'s inclusion of test-preparation programs as a publishing product. Alignment of instructional materials with state academic standards; Value in preparing students for high-stakes examinations; Integration of state-test preparation into...
- Scholastic Education Revenue Rises, Corp. Falls. // Educational Marketer;8/5/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the goal of Scholastic Corp.'s Educational Publishing division to boost marketing and sales efforts for reading improvement programs. List of businesses that the company had already acquired; Education revenue growth; Sales increase of supplemental reading improvement programs.
- Scholastic Q3 Revenue Up, So Is Outlook for Future of Fair Business. // Educational Marketer;4/16/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on the financial performance of New York-based-Scholastic for fiscal 2007. As reported, the management of Scholastic expects increased sales in core clubs and improved efficiencies for strong business. It is noted that the sales of the company increased by 1.5 percent to...
- Scholastic Posts Record Second Quarter Sales And Income. // Educational Marketer;01/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p7
Reports on New York-based Scholastic Inc.'s revenue and profits for the second quarter in 1999.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;3/31/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the increase in Scholastic Inc.'s educational publishing revenue during its third quarter ended February 28, 2003.