Don't flap over EMU
- Franc reality: Costly euro fix nicks local businesses. Mullins, Richard // Crain's Chicago Business;07/13/98, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the impact of the plans of 11 of the 15 countries in the European Union to use the common euro currency on businesses in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the currency unification which will start on January 1, 1999; Cost of adjusting to the euro systems; Reference to the preparations of...
- Millennium buck? Euro could create trouble. Mercer, Tenisha // Crain's Detroit Business;01/04/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the preparations of companies in Detroit, Michigan for the euro. Comparison of the euro and the Year 2000 computer bug; Impact of the euro on unprepared companies.
- Eurocertainties. Crawford, Malcolm // Director (00123242);June97, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p54
Presents information on the European Monetary Union (EMU). Comparison of the attitudes between large British companies, and lesser ones about the EMU; Speculation over Britain's decision to join the EMU: Potential impact if Britain joins the EMU. INSETS: Euro-Money.;How multinationals are coping..
- The single currency will you be ready? Cryer, David // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Mar98, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p14
Gives an overview of the complexity of preparing European business enterprises for the European single currency. Operational issues that need to be addressed to enable a company to become euro-compliant; Complications for statutory accounting and taxation in each of the eurozone countries;...
- Terms of enrichment. Shaw, Sin-Ming // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);05/04/98 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 18, p2
Comments on the creation of the European Monetary Union (EMU). Reasons why Asia should pay attention to the EMU; The combination of politics and economics; The effect of the ebb and flow of a working population on a unified Europe; Need for Asia to confront its past and to open its economy;...
- Europe uniting, but still diverse. Raumann, Steve // Plastics News;8/24/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p12
Opinion. Argues that Europe presents a potential for American companies which are interested in exports, joint ventures or setting up local subsidiaries. Reference to the European Economic and Monetary Union; Reference to the International Business Consultants' experience in France.
- Make the most of the Euro. Bunch, Steve; Britton, Suzie // Food Manufacture;Feb99, Vol. 74 Issue 2, APPOINTMENTS p4
Looks at the potential of the euro currency. Impact on the way British companies do business in Europe; Benefits of the euro for tourists and businessmen; Factors that will contribute to the success of the European Monetary Union.
- Taking the plunge. Dudley, Nigel // Director;Jun98, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on the concerns on the impact of the adoption of a single currency in Europe on business enterprises in Great Britain. Strategies by European companies to prepare for the adoption of the euro; Efforts of some businesses to resist any pressure to deal in euros; Importance of internal...
- Four out of five European companies haven't worked out the costs of EMU. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb97, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p4
Highlights a survey indicating that four out five of Europe's top companies have not estimated the costs of adapting to European Monetary Union (EMU). Percentage of respondents who have allocated a budget to deal with EMU changes; Preparedness of major European companies for the planned...