`Investment in people was not done for altruistic reasons
- News. // Professional Engineering;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p5
Reports on Shell Expro's call for contractors to bid for the onshore disposal of the Fulmar Salm buoy, part of a North Sea crude oil storage and offloading system. Independent assessment of six proposal s submitted for disposal of its Brent Spar storage platform.
- Fulmar buoy awaits exit. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;May97, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p18
Reports on Shell Expro's plan to dispose of its single anchor leg mooring buoy for the Fulmar export system. Use of the buoy to anchor a floating storage unit.
- Empowerment, communication and change. Robinson, Graham // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jul/Aug98, Issue 10, p4
Comments on the implementation of empowerment strategies in an organization. Benefits of the empowerment strategies utilized by Shell Expro on two North Sea oil platforms; Management capabilities in platform operations; Contributions of people to performance improvement; Ways to implement...
- Shell says its New Orleans ties remain strong. Bethel, Amber // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the transfer of workers of Shell Exploration and Production in Houston, Texas. Plan of ExxonMobil Corp. to consolidate its U.S. East Production into its U.S. West Production office in Houston; Number of workers to be transfer; Denial of the company spokesman of the speculation on the...
- SHELL SETS THE STANDARDS. // Coal International;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p244
Reports on the commitment of Shell in launching a flagship operational package for its Specialty Equipment Services (SES) division. Features of the SES package; Background on package development in Australia in the early 1990s; Clientile of SES.
- Fewer offshore people present additional payback to Shell Expro. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;Jun95, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the advantages of Shell Expro's decision to reduce offshore manning. Lower operating costs; Conversion of new and old platforms to unmanned operation; Better safety and environmental stands; Remarks of Chris Fay, Shell UK chairman and chief executive officer.
- Shell's five-year spending plan. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Sep95, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p12
Reports on Shell Expro's plan to spend 2.5 billion pounds annually in Great Britain until the year 2000. Appropriation for the Brent Field redevelopment; BP's acquisition of Clyde's interest in the Buchnan Field.
- Shell, Arco plan long-term tenancy in Southern North Sea. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p35
Reports on long-term revamping and expansion programs by Shell Expro and Arco in the southern North Sea. Shell's turnaround plan; Results; Background information.
- Derrick equipment set widens scope of operations on... // Offshore;Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p62
Reports that an automated derrick equipment set was acquired by Shell Expro for the redevelopment of Brent Field in the UK North Sea and the Brent C platform. Who managed design and construction; Total shutdown time for KTB rig; Location of Brent C drilling module; Where control center was...