Oiling the wheels of management
- Fulmar Field export route nears completion. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec96, Vol. 223 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the nearing completion of Shell U.K. Exploration and Production Ltd.'s pipeline systems which will run from Fulmar platform to Teeside, Scotland. Pipeline installation and tie-in work provided by Allseas Engineering Holand; Export route for Central North Sea platform.
- Spar bidders approach deadline. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Mar97, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p12
Reports that Shell UK Exploration & Production Ltd. has narrowed the consortia bidding to decommission the Brent Spar off Erfjord, Norway. Call for disposal and re-use solutions.
- Old rig removal no easy job. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/30/95, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p21
Reports on Shell UK Exploration and Production Ltd.'s efforts to look for alternative disposal ideas after abandoning deep sea dumping for its Brent Spar offshore oil storage buoy. Invitation for companies and individuals to express interest in decommissioning the vessel; Environmental group...
- Shell Oil Company. // Underground Construction;May98, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p43
Reports on the appointment of Tom Botts as gas director for Shell U.K. Exploration and Production Ltd. Career history of Botts.
- Bids for Brent Spar. // Professional Engineering;04/16/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p4
Reports on Shell U.K. Exploration and Production's extension of the deadline for the delivery of bids to find alternative solutions for the disposal of the Brent Spar oil platform.
- Draining the North Sea's dregs. // Professional Engineering;03/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on Shell UK Exploration's floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel, Anasuria. Vessel's features and functions; Lecture to be organized by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers' Offshore Engineering Committee; Contact information.
- Shell-Esso technological milestone. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov96, Vol. 223 Issue 11, p14
Reports on Shell U.K. Exploration and Production Ltd.'s plan to claim a technological milestone in developing two new satellite fields to its Gannet field in the North Sea. Location; Production schedule; Implications for the industry.
- Shell hurdles high pressures and temperatures for North Sea tiebacks. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p48
Focuses on Shell UK Exploration & Production Ltd.'s special innovations developed for high temperature high pressure production in North Sea development projects. Heat loss challenge in its Mallard development; Problems of high pressure and sour fluids at the Kingfisher, gas and condensate fields.
- Shell's rig plan run aground. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/3/95, Vol. 235 Issue 1, p19
Reports that Shell UK Exploration & Production Ltd. has scrapped its plan to sink an oil storage buoy in the North Atlantic. Pressure from Greenpeace as the cause of the change of plans; Shell's claims that dumping at sea is the best solution; Comments from Greenpeace officials.