...But company profitability falls
- Why CBI plan should go further. // Accountancy;Nov74, Vol. 85 Issue 975, p2
The article argues that the recommendations of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) to the Chancellor provide the British Government with the opportunity to work on the problem of corporate liquidity. British companies cannot raise prices because of strict price controls. Neither can they...
- What advisers are saying. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/29/2012, p25
The article offers information on the financial conditions of Great Britain and views of financial advisers. It states that advisers believe the ban on commission will increase the level of protection business in the market, few expect it to directly influence their own client recommendations....
- Profitability 'levelling off'. // Accountancy;Aug2008, Vol. 142 Issue 1380, p39
The article reports that profitability levels for business enterprises in Great Britain in August 2008 are leveling off. Profit levels will most likely go into freefall within the next 12 months, the article add. Other topics include the increase of oil prices between June and August 2008 and...
- THE MONTH IN NUMBERS. // Accountancy;Jun2009, Vol. 143 Issue 1390, p15
Statistics about the performance of Great Britain's economy during the month of May 2009 are presented including the number of unemployed people, the percentage of companies that report having problems with late payments, and the percentage increase of the government's quantitative easing.
- Thomas Cook turbulence hits Thomson reputation. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week;12/1/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p5
The article reports on the situation of Thomas Cook Ltd. in the British marketing scene. It mentions that consumers' confidence of Thomas had sunk to -10, which is due to the company's financial difficulties caused by the economic uncertainty in Great Britain. It also notes that the issue of...
- Get it together. Frary, Mark // Buying Business Travel;May/Jun2010 Supplement, p34
The article discusses the author's view on the efficiency of expense management of business enterprises after the recession hit the economy in Great Britain. The author cites that expense management has never been pertinent compared during the recession. Meanwhile, Barry Padgett of Concur states...
- What's in store for debt buyers? Maynard, Ken // Credit Management;Jan2009, p21
The article focuses on the increase of debt purchasers in Great Britain due to economic crisis in the country. It mentions that the expansion in debt purchasing market shows that many companies are still in their infancy and banks are looking closely at companies' track records to decide whether...
- United Kingdom. // United Kingdom Country Monitor;May2001, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of United Kingdom as of May 2001.
- United Kingdom. // United Kingdom Country Monitor;Jun2001, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts on the economy of United Kingdom as of June 2001 .