Road Chef and Welcome Break downgraded
- Welcome Break restructuring. // Asset Securitization Report;7/21/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 29, p1
Describes the restructuring of Great Britain-based motorway operator Welcome Break PLC's securitization. Plans of the company to enter the market negotiating in another round of refinancing; Ratings history for this operating company securitization; Noteholder meeting scheduled by the company.
- South Mimms is revamped - but new look comes at a price. // Commercial Motor;10/16/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5050, p18
Reports on the improvement of the South Mimms service station of Welcome Break in England, after drivers rated the motorway service area on the M25 route poorly in 2003. Cost of the upgrading project; Increase in overnight parking fee.
- Welcome Break rolls out identity revamp. Godsell, Melanie // Marketing (00253650);10/4/2006, p8
The article reports that the corporate identity of the motorway services operator Welcome Break has been overhauled. Welcome Break has "retired" the 20-year-old flying-swan device. Sub-identities have been given to each area within the motorway services. Recognizable photography related to the...
- ï¿½300m leaseback gives chain a welcome break. Cockram, Andrea // Estates Gazette;5/3/2003, Issue 318, p31
Reports on the sale and leaseback of the property assets of motorway service station group Welcome Break. Role of Colliers CRE; Potential bidders; Background on Welcome Break.
- You're a right shower! // Truck & Driver;Apr2007, p9
The article reports that motorway service area operator Welcome Break in Great Britain is investing Â£300,000 in improving shower facilities for truck drivers across its 26 sites in England, Scotland and Wales. These showers will be available for use free of charge, 24 hours a day. According...
- Breaking point in motorway buy. // Estates Gazette;2/28/2004, Issue 409, p29
Reports on the possible dissolution of the purchase by Rotch of several motorway service stations in a sale-and-leaseback deal in Great Britain. Votation by the bondholders in Welcome Break Finance (WBF) against a rescue package which covered the deal with Rotch; Options available for...
- The pits of the pit stops? // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/8/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4331, p36
Focuses on the results of a survey on the performance of motorway service areas (MSA) in Great Britain conducted by Swiss hotel inspectors and funded by the Automobile Association (AA) Motoring Trust. Reaction of several motorway service operators to the accusations of the AA; Information on a...
- WH Smith in motorway push. Whitehead, Jennifer // Marketing (00253650);5/9/2007, p10
The article reports that WH Smith PLC will rebrand all 33 Welcome Break Co. stores as WH Smith Travel following a trial at the Welcome Break service area in Newport Pagnell, England. The move will boost the WH Smith brand at motorway services. According to chief executive officer Rod McKie of...
- CONTRACT CATERING ROUND-UP. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/17/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4282, p12
Presents updates on the contract catering industry in Great Britain as of July 2003. Investment made by Welcome Break in opening several KFC outlets; Contract won by Aramark from News International Newspapers; Extension of the contract of Scolarest with Brentwood County High School in Essex.