Employment issues as Related by Individuals Living with HIV or AIDS
- Health and privacy. // Employers Law;May2011, p20
The article presents a model that can be used by employers to set out policies on dealing with employees with HIV and AIDS. It cites the importance of establishing a policy and procedures on HIV. It emphasizes the need for employers to safeguard the confidentiality of an employee's personal and...
- The Impact of HIV-Related Illness on Employment. Yelin, Edward H.; Greenblatt, Ruth M.; Hollander, Harry; McMaster, James R. // American Journal of Public Health;Jan1991, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p79
We used structured telephone interviews to determine the extent of work loss following onset of symptoms, the interval between onset of symptoms and cessation of work, and the risk factors for work loss among 193 persons with symptoms of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-related illness...
- Persons Living with HIV/AIDS Contemplating a Return to Work: A Social Cognitive Career Theory and Constructivist Theory Perspective. Trujillo, Misty // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jan-Mar2010, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p51
Persons living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) today are living longer lives due to the advent of new and improved medications, and thus their need for career counseling services is increasing as they are considering reentering the workforce. This paper seeks to define the various motivations and...
- Considering Work for People Living with HIV/AIDS: Evaluating of a Group Employment Counseling Program. Kohlenberg, Betty; Watts, Meredith W. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jan-Mar2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p22
Presents information on a study which evaluated a pilot program that was created to meet the needs of people living with HIV/AIDS considering a possible return to work after varying periods of absence from the work force. Description of the Making a Plan group counseling program; Methodology of...
- Back on the job. Gallagher, John // Advocate;12/23/97, Issue 749, p43
Presents how people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) cope to reenter the workforce. Views of Mark Misrok, program coordinator at Positive Resource, on people with HIV; Giving up on life versus returning to goal setting for people with HIV; Problems with reconsidering a career; Reasons...
- India protects jobs of people with HIV infection. Mudur, Ganapati // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/24/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7093, p1505
Reports on the protection of the Indian court on the employments rights of HIV-positive persons. Medical testing for HIV-positive persons to ensure safety of others in the workplace; Numbers of HIV seropositive cases in India.
- Experience drives corporate AIDS policies. Romano, Catherine // Management Review;Dec93, Vol. 82 Issue 12, p7
Discusses AIDS in the workplace. Percentage of reported cases in companies; Dismissal of HIV-positive employees; Company policy provisions.
- AIDS in the workplace: Cutting-edge companies taking proactive steps. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;4/3/95, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p1
Reports on proactive programs that can be implemented by companies in the United States to address the needs of employees with Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). Assistance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Leadership Coalition on AIDS in the...
- AIDS in the work place. Kohl, John P.; Miller, Alan N. // Supervision;Nov90, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p11
Discusses a formal plan and an accompanying program for developing a formal AIDS policy for a firm. Background of the problem; Legal protection of people with AIDS; Corporate policies on AIDS; AIDS policy issues.