Taxes and a Landfill Can Help Plug N.Y.C.'s Budget Gap, Report Says
- N.Y.C. IBO Offers List of Possible Cuts Along With Revenue Enhancements. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/6/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33495, p8
The article reports on the release of the annual list of potential spending cuts and revenue enhancements by the Independent Budget Office (IBO) in New York City.
- IBO Projects Larger Surpluses for N.Y. City. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;3/4/2015, p35
The article reports that the Independent Budget Office (IBO) forecasted that surpluses have reached 1.8 billion dollars in New York since fiscal year on June 30, 2014.
- The Independent Budget Office says N.Y.C. is starting to close gaps. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/14/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30310, p3
Reports on the New York City Independent Budget Office's (IBO) favorable assessment of the city's fiscal performance in 1997. Budget surplus achieved by New York City; Decline in the city's out-year budget gaps; Attempt by local officials to abolish the IBO.
- N.Y.C. Loses a Round In Battle With IBO. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30545, p2
Focuses on the summary judgment motion granted to New York City's Independent Budget Office (IBO) declaring invalid a directive issued by the city's Office of Management and Budget (OMB) prohibiting city agencies from dealing directly with the IBO without being screened by OMB.
- IBO sees NYC surplus at $1.1 billion. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30564, p2
Reports that the New York City Independent Budget Office, a city-chartered fiscal oversight agency, said in a report that the city is on track to pull in a $1.1 billion surplus for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1999.
- Web watch. Richtmeyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;08/13/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30208, p30
Reports on the launching of the Internet site of the New York City Independent Budget Office. Preview of the site's comments; Comments from the agency's executives.
- IBO projects $843 million under 1999 budget. // New York Amsterdam News;06/25/98, Vol. 89 Issue 26, p21
Reports that according to New York City's Independent Budget Office (IBO), the city's treasury will end fiscal year 1999 with a surplus. Factors which led to this surplus; Information on an analysis released by the IBO; Amount of aid projected by the IBO; Other contents of the analysis.
- Tax dollars at work. // NEA Today;Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p39
Details on a Web site that informs Americans on where their federal tax go sponsored by the Independent Budget Office of the City of New York. Features of the Web site.
- Cutting Into N.Y.C.'s Apparel Tax Cut. Wilson, Eric // DNR: Daily News Record;6/30/97, Vol. 27 Issue 78, p14
The article discusses the report from the New York City's Independent Budget Office which states that the city's tax revenue will increase if sales tax on apparel will be removed.