Democrats Assail Bush's Dividend-Tax Repeal Proposal
- Editor's Note. O'Connor, Walter F. // International Tax Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, piii
Raises some thought-provoking questions pertaining to dividend provisions in U.S. President George W. Bush tax legislation. Turmoil over the child credit for people; Corporate planning taxation; Query over credit benefits for taxpayers and corporate bodies.
- AGA Needs Your Support. Parker, David N. // American Gas;Mar2003, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p4
Comments on the economic stimulus package unveiled by U.S. President George W. Bush to eliminate the unfair and counterproductive double taxation of shareholder dividends. Impact of the proposal on the shareholders in the gas industry.
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E. V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p25
Comments on the plan of U.S. President George W. Bush to eliminate taxes on dividends. Number of states that levy personal income tax; Possible effect of the plan on the states' budget deficit; Disadvantages of the plan.
- Bush Tax Plan Will Impact P-C Insurers. Hartwig, Robert P. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;2/3/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p33
Focuses on the impact of the tax plan of U.S. President George W. Bush on the property-casualty (p-c) insurance industry. Elimination of double taxation of dividends; Implications of the tax plan for investment performance and investment strategy; Assessment of the dividend ratio of the p-c...
- Tax law changes help sellers. Hughes, Carl // LP/Gas;Aug2003, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the approval of U.S. President George W. Bush on the amendment of the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Conciliation Act. Effects of the bill on the procedures of computing tax for sellers of retail propane products; Reduction of capital gains; Decrease of dividends rate.
- Looming Battle Over Tax Cuts. Kudlow, Lawrence // Human Events;4/28/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 14, p11
Focuses on issues related to the dividend tax-cut proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush as of April 28, 2003. Significance of the approval of the proposal; Implications of the reduction of the dividend tax rate.
- A Bank-Friendly Plan from Bush . Nadler, Paul // American Banker;1/8/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the implications of U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to eliminate or sharply reduce taxes on dividends for banking industry. Positive and negative effects of the proposal; Advantages for commercial banks; Concerns regarding the proposal.
- Dividend Tax Relief May Spur Economy. Berlau, John // Insight on the News;2/4/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p24
Discusses the effect of U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to remove the double taxation on corporate earnings and dividends to the economy and to public companies. Views of experts on the Bush proposal; Problem with the tax code being used; Reactions to the full repeal of the tax on...
- FORGET ABOUT STIMULUS, AND THINK ABOUT TAX REFORM. Crook, Clive // National Journal;1/11/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p86
Comments on the proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush to eliminate the tax on dividends. Purpose of the proposal; Views of the Democrats on the proposal; Impact of fiscal changes on the budget deficit of the country; Description of a typical income tax system.