Florida Water Services Seeks Overturn of PSC
- Florida Water Eager to Close Sale As Suits, PSC Question Authority. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p1
Reports that pending lawsuits could affect the validity of the entity that plans to issue multi-million dollar bonds to purchase Florida Water Services Corp., according to the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC). Market conditions that could impact the sale price of bonds; Obstacles faced...
- Florida Water Services May Need State Approval for Sale of Assets. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/29/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31562, p1
Reports that privately-owned firm Florida Water Services Corp. may need approval from the state Public Service Commission (PSC) for selling its $550 million of revenue bonds to Gulf Breeze-based Florida Water Services Authority. Recommendation of PSC on its jurisdiction over the sale; Areas...
- Florida Water Must Wait for PSC Approval. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p1
Focuses on a multi-million dollar bond issue by the Florida Water Services Authority that was delayed due to a court injunction to the state Public Service Commission (PSC) regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Purpose behind the sale of bonds; Customers who will be affected by the...
- Florida Water Deal Still on Hold; Judge Sees Final Ruling by Friday. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p1
Reports on the dispute regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Grant of temporary injunction on the issue by a circuit judge in Tallahassee, Florida; Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to market $527.8 million of revenue bonds; Opinions about the decision of temporary injunction.
- Florida Water Services May Face Court Injunction Blocking Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31573, p3
Reports that the Florida Public Service Commission asked the Leon County Circuit Court as of February 2003 to issue an injunction prohibiting the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. to the Florida Water Services Authority. Details of the injunction; Reasons for the issue of the injunction;...
- Embattled Florida Utility Panel Picks New Chairman. Beattie, Jeff // Energy Daily;12/23/2009, p3
The article announces that Nancy Argenziano has been appointed as the new chairman for Florida Public Service Commission in the U.S.
- Duke Energy to build Florida plant. // Modern Power Systems;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p10
Reports on Duke Energy Power Services' filing of plans with the Florida Public Service Commission for a gas-fired plant at New Smyrna Beach. Expected cost of the combined cycle plant.
- Federal Circuit grants mandamus on Delaware transfer motion. Macedo, Charles R.; Goldberg, David // Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice;Apr2012, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p229
The US Federal Circuit has granted a petition for a writ of mandamus directing the US District Court of Delaware to transfer a case to the Northern District of California. The district court was found to have committed a clear error by putting too much emphasis on the fact that the defendant was...
- Is the Florida Water Services Case a Muni Enron? Lissack, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Presents an opinion on formation of Florida Water Service Inc. by Allete Inc. to earn undue profits. Number of utility customers exploited by Florida Water Service Inc.; Charges against Florida Water Services; Alternative proposal to resolve the issue of Florida Water Services.