Wisconsin Mulls Tender Offer Idea for Tobacco Bondholders
- Venture Livens up Quiet US Market. // High Yield Report;6/3/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p4
Reports developments in high yield market in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Default of bonds or bank debt of Venture Holdings; Response of Moody's Investors Service on the changing outlook on the Ba3 senior implied and B1 senior unsecured ratings to negative from stable; Attraction of investors to...
- Water, Housing, Nursing Home Debt on Tap for West Virginia. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31631, p28
Investors looking for an opportunity to buy West Virginia bonds will want to watch out for several deals coming soon from various issuers, including water revenue bonds, housing bonds, and some nursing home bonds. The West Virginia Water Development Authority (WDA) plans to go to market today...
- Run to Safety: Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Track Lower. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p29
Reports the decline in yield indexes of bonds. Plans of investors to reinvest cash from semi-annual bond coupon redemptions and maturities; Decline in the prices of treasury bonds; Decrease in the revenues of bond buyers.
- MUTUAL FUNDS. // Dow Theory Forecasts;11/12/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 46, p7
Focuses on corporate bond revenues. Increase in bond earnings; Factors contributing to the growth; Possibility for investors to shift from bond portfolios to corporate bonds.
- Texas, New York Transportation Issues Take Center Stage. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31628, p35
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority will lead off the activity on May 6, 2003 with its 490.5 million dollar revenue offering being priced by First Albany Corp. in a structure that contains serial bonds maturing from 2004 to 2023 and term bonds in 2028 and 2032. Citigroup Global...
- IRS Settles With Fund, Not Issuer. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p1
Reports on the joining of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to a closing agreement with a large tax-exempt mutual fund after failing to reach a settlement with an issuer of the taxable bonds in Washington D.C. Efforts of the IRS to find the names of the bondholders in the abusive transactions;...
- Five Deals Totaling $348 Million Will Ease Florida Paper Shortage. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p3
The article informs that the tax-exempt paper from Florida was in short supply last month, but investors should find some appeal in five deals worth $348 million coming to market in the next two weeks. In addition to fresh supply in the market, one banker said the variety of deals--all...
- Chicago's Enterprise Paper Fares Better With Buyside. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F340, p1
Investors squeezed a more modest penalty out of Chicago on a recent $419 million wastewater revenue bond deal than they have demanded on its general obligation paper, market participants said.
- Bonds sought for resort project. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/28/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p15
The article reports on an application submitted by a group of investors for the issuance of industrial development revenue bonds to finance costs related to the construction of a resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. Former University of Nevada, Las Vegas basketball player Jackie Robinson led the...