White Sox Mull Use of Naming-Rights Proceeds to Renovate Comiskey Park
- The Mets try out a new image in stone. Reis, Michael // Stone World;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p98
Focuses on the small-scale renovation projects at the Shea Stadium in Flushing, New York City, the home of the baseball team New York Mets. Use of granite and marble; Redesigning of the owner's box; Supply of stones by ABC Worldwide of Brooklyn, New York.
- Putting Idealism To Work. Green, Jerry // Sports Illustrated;4/24/1978, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p26
The article reports on the renovation of the Tiger Stadium by the Greater Detroit Chamber of Commerce in Michigan and the commitment of Detroit Tigers owner John E. Fetzer to the city. The baseball team is a symbol of public trust and unity to Fetzer so that after he sold the stadium to the city...
- Soldier Field reconstruction begins despite opposition. Keegan, Ed // Architectural Record;Jun2002, Vol. 190 Issue 6, p34
Reports the court decision on the reuse of the Soldier Field football stadium for the Chicago Bears in Chicago, Illinois. Performance of selective demolition; Questions on the legality of the public/private funding; Construction schedule.
- Yankee Stadium Shuts Down. // Time;10/15/1973, Vol. 102 Issue 16, p14
The article reports on the two-year renovation of the New York Yankees stadium in New York City. The New York City is responsible for the renovation which is planned to be finished before the opening of 1976 season. The renovation includes the installation of new seats, redesign of the playing...
- Expansion brings new sparkle and excitement to San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium. // San Diego Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 37, pA4
Reports that the City of San Diego, California, has made its mark in stadium history by upgrading, renovating and transforming the 30-year old structure of the Qualcomm Stadium into a state-of-the art facility. Details on what came with the renovation; Comments made by Bill Wilson, stadium...
- It's teamwork that brings Qualcomm Stadium project in ahead of schedule and on budget. Belock, Frank // San Diego Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 37, pA10
Presents information on the renovation and expansion of the Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California. Details on the challenges faced during this expansion and renovation; Reasons for the accomplishment of the project within the budget and ahead of schedule. INSET: Qualcomm Stadium expansion...
- Sports Mart latest stadium dream. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/30/95, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the renovation of the Cleveland Stadium in Ohio. Proposal for the construction of a sporting goods store adjacent the stadium; Thomas Zung and Richard Bowen as architects.
- Bearing down on a faulty Soldier Field rehab play. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p11
Argues against the proposed renovation of the Soldier Field football stadium, home of the Chicago Bears football team, in Chicago, Illinois. Estimated cost of renovation; Use of taxpayers' money to finance the project.
- Underwriters Needed for Stadium Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p1
Reports the plans to raise funds for the renovation of the Green Bay Packers football stadium in Wisconsin. Selection of underwriters to manage the sale of revenue bonds for construction expenses; Evaluations of operating cost for the renovation; Details on other financial sources.