Arkansas Governor Joins School-Consolidation Debate
- Arkansas Approves New Aid for Schools. // Education Week;4/19/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p24
The article reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has signed into law a bill of $132.5 million to the school districts in Arkansas. School appropriations totaled nearly $200 million, including up to $50 million to repair school buildings and $13 million for declining and isolated school...
- CAMPAIGN STOP: ISRAEL. Lederman, Josh // Hill;2/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p34
The article presents information on the former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's tour of Israel.
- Raise Taxes, Cut Benefits Or Do The Right Thing. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);01/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on a tax fund created by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Reason for the creation of the fund; Aim of the funding.
- Governing with reason. Penchoff, Jack // State Government News;Aug2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p9
Features Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Career background; Political issues faced by Huckabee; His views on issues on government budget.
- School bureaucracy is under the gun. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;1/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p13
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's endorsement of a series of school measures ranging from reorganizing the state education office to creating character education programs.
- Arkansas Governor Reveals New School Funding Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p36
Reports on the proposal of an education finance plan by Governor Mike Huckabee in Arkansas. Amount proposed by Huckabee for public education per year; Disadvantages of the plan; Budget of the state for public education.
- GOVERNING FOR KIDS' SAKES. // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2004, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p156
The article focuses on U.S. politician Mike Huckabee. The first time Mike Huckabee was elected governor of Arkansas he was 16 years old. Back in 1972, the Hope, Arkansas, native was attending a weeklong program about government called Boys State, put on by the American Legion. There were mock...
- Mike Huckabee. Hartung, Sarah // Our States: Arkansas;2016, p1
This article focuses on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, who was elected in 1996 after his predessor resigned. The biographical information details Huckabee's early life and childhood, as well as how his career path led him into politics. In addition to his political career, Huckabee is also...
- The Fight for School Consolidation in Arkansas, 1946-1948. Ledbetter Jr., Calvin R. // Arkansas Historical Quarterly;Spring2006, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p45
Focuses on the forced consolidation of school districts in Arkansas in 1946-1948. Proposal of Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee to merge school districts with less than 1,500 students with bigger districts; Information on a bill that required consolidation of districts with fewer than 350...