House Near Passage of New Stopgap Bill; Senate Has Until Friday to Approve
- How Uncle Sam's Laws Are Made. Robinson, Norborne T. N. // Congressional Digest;Feb33, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p63
Describes all phases of the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate procedures as of February 1933. Overview of the Rule XIII of the U.S. House of Representatives; Highlights of three calendars to which all business coming before the U.S. House shell be referred; Highlights of the Private Calendar...
- Bankruptcy judge. // Las Vegas Business Press;2/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the new bankruptcy legislation which passed the U.S. House of Representatives in Nevada. Average increase rate of bankruptcy filings to the court system; Impact of the controversial provision allowing anti-abortion activists on avoiding fines by declaring bankruptcy.
- Defense Bill Holds $200M For Local Companies. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p3
Reports the approval of the National Defense Authorization Act by the United States House of Representatives. Agreement of the House and the Senate on the bill; Budget for San Diego, California companies.
- House returns, primaries. // Hill;8/10/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p16
The author reflects on the expectation from the U.S. Senate for the House to approve the Medicaid and education funding bill.
- Congress Passes Bankruptcy Reform. // National Mortgage News;4/18/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p2
Reports on the passage of a bankruptcy reform bill by the U.S. House.
- Historic Conservation Bill Wins Landslide Victory in House. // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug2000, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p48
Reports that the Conservation and Reinvestment Act has been passed by the United States House.
- Federal Reserve May Be Subject To Audit If Law Make Its Way Through The Senate. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/16/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p1
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives has voted 223-202 for a new bill that will call for an audit of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- "Cut, Cap, Balance" Passes The House. // BEEF Exclusive Insight;7/19/2011, p8
The article announces that the H.R. 2560, known as the Cut, Cap, Balance bill, has been passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in July 2011.
- The Month in Congress. // Congressional Digest;Oct95, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p225
Lists the major bills considered in the United States Congress during May, June, July and August 1995. Includes Product Liability Fairness on May 19, 1995; Educate America Act Amendments on May 15, 1995; Solid Waste Disposal on May 16, 1995; Regulatory Transition Act on May 17, 1995; Flag...