Senate Could Confirm Donaldson as Early as Next Week
- Panel to Consider SEC Chief Nominee . Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;1/30/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 20, p5
Reports that U.S. Senate Banking Committee will hold a hearing on February 5, 2003 for William H. Donaldson's nomination as a board member of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Views of President George W. Bush on Donaldson's nomination.
- Trade-Through Battle in Senate. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;7/26/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p1
Reports on a debate in the U.S. Senate Banking Committee on the trade-through rule of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Implications of trading through a market's best price; Exemptions to the rule; Stance of SEC chairman William Donaldson on the issue.
- Donaldson, Bush's SEC Nominee, Ready to 'Pull Up Socks'. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p4
Reports on an announcement made by U.S. President George W. Bush on December 10, 2002 to nominate Wall Street veteran William H. Donaldson as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Professional background of Donaldson; Criticism of Bush's pledge to double the commission's budget in...
- SEC chair Donaldson to step down. // Accounting Today;6/20/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the resignation of William H. Donaldson as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the U.S. at the end of June 2005. Views of Donaldson on working as chairman of SEC; Nomination of California Republican Christopher Cox as successor to Donaldson.
- The Gipper at the SEC. Bryne, John A. // Traders Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 229, p6
Comments on the job performance on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissioner (SEC)Chairman William Donaldson. Praise over the practical and intuitive approach by Donaldson regarding problems at the SEC and the New York Stock Exchange; Ability to recognize the core problem of trading issues...
- How far will hedge fund rules go? Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;7/12/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p1
One faction of observers wonders how much time it will take Chairman William H. Donaldson to get proposed hedge fund regulation changes past other SEC commissioners, especially given widespread industry and market opposition. At the top of the agenda for the SEC's July 14 meeting, according to...
- Much Ado About Mary Jo White. Warner, Judy // NACD Directorship;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p18
The article reports that Mary Jo White will be confirmed by U.S. President Barack Obama as the 31st chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). It states that the nomination hearings will be held before the U.S. Senate Banking Committee in March 2013. Moreover, a brief profile...
- Donaldson's Goals: More Agency Efficiency, Corporate Ethics. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p5
Reports on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman William H. Donaldson's priorities for the agency. Donaldson's internal and external goals for the agency; Analogy of military's strategy to illustrate the agency's ideal strategy; Need to properly utilize increased funding from the...
- William Donaldson Is New SEC Chair. Barlas, Stephen; Chamberlain, Jim; Randall, Bob; Verschoor, Curt; Williams, Kathy // Strategic Finance;Mar2003, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p17
The article announces that William Donaldson was appointed as chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.