Bankrupt Colorado Aquarium Finds a Buyer, Believe It or Not
- Ripley Requests Tax Assessment Before Colorado Aquarium Purchase. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p40
Reports that Orlando, Florida-based Ripley Entertainment Inc., that hopes to finalize a multi-million dollar purchase of bankrupt Colorado Ocean Journey aquarium, has made the sale conditional upon tax assessment of the property. Expectations of Bob Masterson, president of Ripley, regarding...
- Denver Aquarium Hopes To Remain Afloat Through Bankruptcy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p3
Reports the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection of the Colorado Ocean Journey Aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Consideration of options to rescue investments; Liquidation of assets; Disclosure of several prospective buyers.
- No Bondholder Agreement Yet for Failed Colo. Aquarium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p3
Focuses on a debt workout plan for officials from Colorado's Ocean Journey aquarium. Adoption of reorganization plan by Ocean Journey; Issuance of revenue bonds by Ocean Journey.
- Putting a tube in a fish tank. Sawyer, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/02/97, Vol. 238 Issue 22, p18
Reports on the status of the construction of Ripley Entertainment Inc.'s sea aquarium in Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. Submerged acrylic tunnel; Causes of delays in the construction; Free form shape of the building; Materials used in the construction of the sea aquarium.
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada. // Park World;Nov2013, p16
The article reports on the launch of Ripley's Aquarium of Canada, an indooor aquarium with various marine animals collection, developed by Ripley Entertainment Inc.
- Ripley's Ocean Journey Buyout Gets Boost. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31577, p29
Reports on the impact of a decision by a bankruptcy court judge on plans to buy Ocean Journey aquarium by U.S.-based Ripley Entertainment Inc. Last date for submitting bids for the aquarium; Offering price for the bid.
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada. // Park World;Sep2011, p14
The article reports on the move of Ripley Entertainment Inc. to build a 130 million dollars aquarium at the base of the CN Tower in Toronto, Ontario.
- Ripley eyes building LV aquarium. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;11/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the proposed aquarium project by Ripley Entertainment Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada. Investment in the recreation industry; Cost of building an aquarium; Government ownership of the amusement park.
- Denver Aquarium Sees Deal With Investors by January 1. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p6
Highlights the expectation of Colorado-based Ocean Journey Aquarium to finalize an agreement with investors holding defaulted revenue bonds by the end of the year 2002. Issues that need to be considered according to Denver, Colorado attorney Carl Eklund; Confidence of the company's president...