Municipals Ebb as Treasuries Fall; Jacksonville, Fla., Sells $211 Million
- Municipal Bond Yields Fall One to Two Basis Points as Treasuries Rise. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p2
Focuses on the performance of municipal bond yields and treasury bills in the U.S. bond market on March 7, 2003. Impact of war concerns on the performance of treasury bills; Views of economists on the labor market; Multi-million dollars in new cash received by municipal bond funds.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31212, p37
Presents charts and graphs depicting bond market statistics in the United States as of 2001. Amount of estimated and actual negotiated bonds for the weekly schedule; Municipal bond indexes for the daily schedule; Bidding prices for the treasuring bills and notes.
- Municipal Yields Up to 10 Basis Points as Treasuries Tumble; Fla. Schools Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31682, p2
Reports on developments in the U.S. bond market on July 21, 2003. Percentage increase in the yield of municipal bonds; Implications of an increase in the yield of cash bonds on treasury bills; Factors affecting the performance of long-dated municipal bonds.
- Futures Markets. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p38
Forecasts the municipal bond index and treasury bonds market in the U.S. during the months of December 2001, March and June 2002 as of November 9, 2001. Estimation for the trading for the number of contracts; Number of contracts traded for municipal bonds on November 7, 2001; Open interest for...
- Municipal Yields Fall 2-3 Basis Points; Focus Is on Upcoming Economic Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31701, p2
Focuses on the decline in the basis points of municipal bond yields and on bond market in the U.S. Role of jobless claims in the improvements in labor market conditions; Demands for bonds from both retail and institutional investors; Performance of Treasury market.
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 3.000%, 3.280% Highs. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32776, p2
The article reports on the market performance of the U.S. Treasury bills. Tender rates for the Treasury Department's latest 91-day and 182-day discount bills were mixed on December 17, 2007 as the three months obtained a 3.000% high rate, unchanged from 3.000% the week before, and the six months...
- Munis a Bit Firmer, Traders Feel a 'Little Better'. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33005, p2
The article reports on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. The municipal market was slightly firmer on November 15, 2008. According to traders, tax-exempt yields were flat to lower by two or three basis points. Furthermore, a trader in New York said that the market is doing...
- Municipals Weaken as Continuing Treasuries Correction Sparks Action. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p2
Reports on the weakening of municipal bond market as a continuing correction in the Treasury market in the U.S. Influence of the consecutive losses in Treasuries on the sale of tax-exempt bonds from arbitrage accounts; Emergence of several sizeable offerings of non-callable bonds from arbitrage...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p43
No abstract available.