Missouri Battles Over Tobacco Deal
- Holden Revives Call To Raise Taxes. Goldstein, Lisa // Education Week;2/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p18
Missouri Governor Bob Holden has taken the state legislature to task for cutting education funding and has proposed a plan to finance education that would restore cuts made in 2003. For the third time, Holden has proposed a strategy that has proved unpopular with the Republican-controlled...
- Missouri selects candidates. // State Government News;Sep2000, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the results of the primary races for state and federal offices in Missouri on August 8, 2000. Opponent of Bob Holden in the gubernatorial race; Candidates chosen for lieutenant governor; Competitors in the attorney's general election.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p29
These are several news articles related to public finance in the Southeast region of the U.S. as of March 27, 2003. The Florida state Senate is reviewing a measure that would permit the use of tolls to back bonds issued within the Florida county where the tolls are collected, instead of just...
- Louisiana Lawmakers Asked to Intervene in Bond Dispute. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;10/31/2014, p29
The article reports on the appeal by Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal to state legislators to move forward with the issuance of bond deals in 2014. Topics covered include the dispute over the state's fiscal health, the refusal by Treasurer John Kennedy to sign bond documents that will enable the...
- Massachusetts Legislators OK Governor's $1.47B Budget. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/22/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32592, p34
The article reports that lawmakers from Massachusetts have approved the $1.47 billion bond bill of Governor Deval Patrick for fiscal year 2007. According to spokesman Jim Isenberg, although the House will need to act on further procedural votes, the action allows the Senate to take up the bond...
- Gov. Holden Freezes $250 Million in Allocations in Missouri's Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p44
Reports that Missouri Governor Bob Holden has frozen 250 million dollar in spending allocation in the multi-billion dollar fiscal 2004 budget. Reason behind freezing of the spending allocation; Employment of the reduced spending money in public school and higher education funding.
- Holden Wants Jobs Now. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31791, p31
Reports on Missouri Governor Bob Holden's plan to prioritize a proposed job creation program that relies in part on a bond issue. Aim of the proposed Jobs Now; Repeal of several tax-credit programs in the state.
- Missouri governor elected chair of MGC. // State Government News;May2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p35
Reports on the election of Missouri Governor Bob Holden as chair of the Midwestern Governor's Conference (MGC) in February 2003. Theme for the work of the bipartisan organization; Comments from Holden; Functions of the three MGC working groups.
- Holden's Reality Check. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the budget for fiscal 2005 signed by Governor Bob Holden in Missouri. Worth of the spending plan; Reservations over the spending plan's failure to improve the state's economy; Proposed increase in budget by Holden.