Jay-Be supports Alice
- Mersey upbeat on training. // Professional Engineering;10/03/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p4
Reports workers of Merseyside to learn new skills in Great Britain. Public-private initiative set up by innovative company contributed the situation; Number of major companies to commit for a long-term workforce training; Profits to be used to promote local education.
- Doing Well by Doing Good. Ruth, Joao-Pierre // Business News New Jersey;12/21/98, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p22
Focuses on the growing participation by companies in activities supporting charities in New Jersey. Comment by Karen Paardecamp, president of the board of directors for Literacy Volunteers of America's Union County affiliate and secretary to the state board of directors; Efforts by Prudential...
- Corporate contributions hold steady despite poor profits. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 13 Issue 73, p27
Announces the results of the Council to Aid to Education report showing that contributions by corporations and their foundations to charitable causes in the United States rose two percent in 1990 compared to 1989. Reason for the increase; Average increase in contributions to charities from 1976...
- Slow growth continues for corporate contributions. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 13 Issue 77, p26
Looks at a survey which found that contributions by corporations and their foundations to charitable causes in the United States experienced a modest increase in 1991.
- U.S. corporate giving to foreign countries increases. // Corporate Board;May/Jun93, Vol. 14 Issue 80, p27
Notes an increase in American corporate contributions to worthy causes in foreign countries as of 1990. Typical beneficiaries of the contributions; Impetus for corporations' decision to give overseas.
- Corporate giving gains new recognition. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 19 Issue 111, p27
Reports that actor Paul Newman and `George' magazine have launched a joint project to honor innovative corporate philanthropy. Awardees in 1998; Prizes for the winners; Pledge from Sony Electronics to fund the award for the next two years.
- Businesses give for bottom-line reasons. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;6/30/98, Vol. 90 Issue 150, p3
Discusses corporate giving to charities in 1998 in the United States. How the spate of mega-mergers is expected to impact giving; The rising amount of corporations which are donating; The move from local charity giving to national and international giving; How charity giving can enhance a...
- May is for LI's planned giving. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/19/96, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the plans of professional fundraisers in Long Island, New York to stimulate increased private philanthropy through planned giving and bequests. Aim of making up for federal and state cutbacks; Launching of program at a press conference on April 17, 1996.
- Coalition gives kids reason to smile. Kindsvater, Lisa // Las Vegas Business Press;12/22/97, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p15
Presents the Las Vegas, Nevada-based business enterprises and organizations involved in charity activities as of December 28, 1997. Includes Project Smile; Eilnstein Bros Bagels; Marie Callender Pie Shops Inc.