Franklite showcases ironcraft
- Seeking a powerful prospective profit. // Builders Merchants Journal;June97, p41
Looks at how British builders merchants can start supplying electrical accessories for use in a variety of domestic and industrial environments. Packaging strategies used by Caradon MK Electric; Different types of lighting accessories available in the British market; Details on the lighting...
- The fable of the everlasting lightbulb. // New Statesman & Society;6/5/92, Vol. 5 Issue 205, p6
Editorial. Considers the political and economic implications of the E-lamp, a virtually everlasting lightbulb developed by Intersource Technologies of Sunnyvale, California. Reluctance of businesses to market an environmentally friendly product that would reduce profits; Unlikelihood that...
- High-intensity headlights. McCash, D. // Popular Science;May90, Vol. 236 Issue 5, p90
Reports on high-intensity discharge bulbs that emit 40 times the light of halogen bulbs, allowing more creative styling and lighter weight in cars.
- A truly dim bulb. Fisher, Arthur; Stover, Dawn // Popular Science;May93, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p24
States that a graduate electrical engineering student at the University of California at Berkeley has created a modest triumph in the annals of illumination--the world's smallest light bulb. Details on Kirt R. Williams' microlamp; Potential of the device.
- THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME. Lucy, Jim // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p2
Comments that the song 'Still Crazy After All These Years,' by Paul Simon may be about the U.S. lighting market. Opportunity of electrical distributors to sell energy-efficient electrical products; Challenge of eliminating higher upfront costs; Consumption of electricity by lighting systems.
- News Watch. Funk, Dale // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p4
Reports on developments in the U.S. electric lighting industry. Expansion of Sonepar North America with purchase of Warren Electric del Caribe; Agreement of Simkar LLC to acquire the assets of CEW Lighting Inc.; Details on the 2003 VDV/Integrated Building Systems Conference at the Las Vegas Hilton.
- Products. // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p6
Features electric lighting products available in the U.S. as of April 2003. R20 light emitting diode reflector lamps from LEDtronics Inc.; Line of IllumTech dimmers/fan speed controls; Multi-med line of patient room lighting system from Alkco Lighting; C500 series spring-wound interval timers...
- Bulletin Board. // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p10
Reports on developments in the U.S. electric lighting. Announcement of Lighting One on cost-saving chandelier design; Eagerness of Sea Gull Lighting to spread the word about energy-efficient lighting fixtures; Formation of a limited liability company by two Siemens companies.
- War, Uncertainty & Weak Demand. Isenstein, Herm // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p20
Discusses factors which affect performance of the U.S. electrical distribution industry. Existence of uncertainty due to the war in Iraq; Growth of the economy from excess capacity; Contribution of sales from the private sector.