Design classic now available in green
- Springing forward. Flower, Dennis // Cabinet Maker;5/19/2006 Supplement, p14
The article reports that an Anglepoise lamp is one of Great Britain's most icon designs. It has been awarded in the recently-held Great British Design Quest. However iconic status has not been achieved without incident. The past few years have seen the company change virtually every aspect of...
- fulfilment. Howell, Nic // New Media Age;4/8/2010, p40
The author examines the web site, returns policy and customer service of Anglepoise, which produces desk, floor and task lights in Great Britain.
- Anglepoise TypeCLED. // Stuff;Jul2011, Issue 148, p29
The article offers brief information on the Anglepoise TypeC light emitting diode (LED) from Anglepoise Ltd.
- RICH MAN POOR MAN. // Building Design;5/23/2008, Issue 1820, p19
The article evaluates the BL1 Desk Lamp from Bestlite and Type 75 Desk Lamp from Anglepoise.
- Base of the matter. // Architectural Digest;Jan1997, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p153
Focuses on the classic, metal lamps made by Rupert Hobbs and Steve Groves. One gilt-bronze lamp with a louvered pyramidal shade and two lions; One graduated column lamp with Gothic gilding on blue glass; Contact point.
- From floodlights to flashlamps, artificial lamps light the world. Higgins, Thomas V. // Laser Focus World;May94, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p123
Focuses on the evolution of artificial lamps. Emissivity of ceramic sources of light; Early tungsten filaments; Discharge lamps; Modern-day successors to the carbon arc.
- Design Museum launches collection app. Montgomery, Angus // Design Week (Online Edition);3/28/2012, p7
The article offers information that the Design Museum is about to launch an iPad app, developed with digital consultancy twentysix, which lets users explore items in the museum's collection. It states that this iPad Collection App features 59 objects from the Design Museum's collection,...
- Expressing individuality. // Cabinet Maker;3/9/2007, Issue 5528, p43
An interview with Trent Jennings, a technical director of Blue Marmalade Ltd., is presented. When asked about how did he start in the industry, he refers that really wanted to become a designer but hardly identify what sort of field he must pursue until he settle co-founding the Blue Marmalade...
- An Effective High-Power KrCl Excimer Barrier-Discharge Lamp. Lomaev, M. I.; Tarasenko, V. F.; Shitts, D. V. // Technical Physics Letters;Jan2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p33
The effect of the pumping pulse power and shape on the discharge character and the efficiency of emission from KrCl[sup *] molecules (? ~ 222 nm) is studied. In the coaxial quartz tube KrCl excimer lamps excited by a barrier discharge, the maximum emission efficiencies are observed for a...