Maryland Governor Pushes New Game Plan for Education
- No to video. // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p10
Comments on the proposal of Ohio Republicans to finance schools in the state through the installation of video lottery terminals in the premises of the state's regulated horse-racing tracks. Projected amount of money that will be generated by the lottery terminals in two years; Provision of the...
- NEW JERSEY: Of Slots and Horses. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32748, p9
The article reports on the evaluation of advantages and disadvantages of implementing slot machines at race tracks by New Jersey officials. The state Department of the Treasury released a report assessing the potential impact on Atlantic City casinos and New Jersey Lottery revenues of the...
- Lone Star slots. McQueen, Patricia A. // Casino Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p14
Provides information on the plan of Rick Perry, governor of Texas, to call a special session of the Legislature to vote on a comprehensive plan to finance education that includes revenue from video lottery terminals. Process that the proposal will go through before it gets approved; Gaming...
- Albany: not a vacation spot list-topper. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/18/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 26, p13A
Focuses on the economic condition in Albany, New York. Pride of legislators in their ability to deliver fresh dollars to their school districts; Need to come up with a plan that will satisfy the Court of Appeals that the city will have its badly needed long-term education funds; Reliance of...
- The friends of the Electronic Bandit. Torrance, Kelly // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;06/30/97, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p10
Examines the battle over video lottery terminals (VLT) in Alberta. Coalitions which have formed to accentuate the positive aspects of VLTs; Hospitality Alberta, a coalition between the Alberta Restaurant and Food Services Association and the Alberta Hotel Association; The money generated by...
- Italian order books still bulging for VLT vendors. // Casino International;Oct2011, p8
The article reports on the investment activities of several companies in the video lottery terminal (VLT) market in Italy including Merkur, Astro Corp, and Bally Technologies Inc.
- Looking beyond VLTs. Steel, Kevin // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;03/23/98, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p10
Discusses the successful efforts of residents of Leduc, Alberta to fight a bid to build a charity casino within city limits. Their use of petitions, bylaws and public hearings; Comments of Pastor Daniel Cramer of the Leduc Fellowship Church; How the 17 current casinos in Alberta operate;...
- Out go the VLTs in Fort McMurray. Torrance, Kelly // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;06/16/97, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p15
Reports that Fort McMurray, one of the largest cities in Alberta, voted with the majority of the Wood Buffalo municipality for the removal of video lottery terminals (VLTs). Feelings that VLTs were damaging family finances; Interest in a province-wide vote to remove VLTs from all of Alberta.
- Profits for everyone but the players. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/12/96, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p43
Looks at profits from Alberta's video lottery terminals (VLT). Average net profit per VLT, according to government documents released in February 1996; Net increase from 1993-94 average; Assertion by Calgary, Alberta computer analyst Mark Gibson that the machines are ripping people off.